SAU Community

Small Fuel Pump Issue ..

Hi Fellow Wagoners

I just installed a new fuel pump a Walbro 255l and all went together fine except Now when i first take off or put my foot down in any gear it seems like the fuel pump is struggling for a second then off we go,,,,,,,

i noticed after it was all done and installed that everyone is direct wiring them will this fix my problem......Or is this a different problem like the ecu cant work out whats going on with the new pump .

I did try and search for this but came up with nothing other than you should directly wire the fuel pump to get the max out of your new pump...

Any help would be much appreciated...

Cheers

Yeah I'm to sure what's going on I might have to pull it back out and check all the hoses make sure there is no splits or anything but its almost like there isn't enough power voltage for the first surge of fuel then it catches up....

I read the thread title & thought your issue was with a small fuel pump & that maybe a larger fuel pump would fix it. Then I read you already had a 255L Wallbro.. mmm, I get it.

Reminds me of the time the radio lost & found announced: "Lost, a large brown lady's handbag". I always wondered that had they'd given a description of the handbag, then the large brown lady would stand a better chance of getting it back.

:)

I read the thread title & thought your issue was with a small fuel pump & that maybe a larger fuel pump would fix it. Then I read you already had a 255L Wallbro.. mmm, I get it.

Reminds me of the time the radio lost & found announced: "Lost, a large brown lady's handbag". I always wondered that had they'd given a description of the handbag, then the large brown lady would stand a better chance of getting it back.

:)

haha very true thanks for the interest though........i'm going to hard wire it this weekend then Nistune time finally.....

Lol at the dangling modifier examples.

If you only changed fuel pumps, and not fuel pressure regulator, then you shouldn't have any issues - car should run just as before. I have the Walbro GSS341 as well (the 255l/h pump) and have never bothered to hard-wire it. Made no difference to the tune when installed. It has been running on a Nistune tune with a higher fuel pressure and larger injectors for a couple of years now without issues.

Lol at the dangling modifier examples.

If you only changed fuel pumps, and not fuel pressure regulator, then you shouldn't have any issues - car should run just as before. I have the Walbro GSS341 as well (the 255l/h pump) and have never bothered to hard-wire it. Made no difference to the tune when installed. It has been running on a Nistune tune with a higher fuel pressure and larger injectors for a couple of years now without issues.

I have seen it affect the tune many times, although other times it is fine. Just because you had no issues doesn't mean everyone will be fine, your car may have even been modified in Japan.

The Walbro's are usually problematic which is why I suggest hard wiring them, as that rules out any issues.

I hard wired the pump on Sunday and has fixed the problem........for the $50 worth of parts and 1h of my time well worth doing ......

Only thing when doing the mod was making sure you cut the right wires and put the right wire in the right spot on the Relay other than that pretty easy to do.......

Just keep a couple of spare Fuses in the car and your all good...

In case anyone else is interested in doing this mod the 2 wires leading to the fuel pump were Black /yellow + and purple -....there were 5 wires going to the top of the fuel tank the 2 pin plug is the one going to the fuel pump and those 2 wires were thicker than the rest so made sense.....

thanks for your help people......