SAU Community

R33 Stock Turbo Upgrade

MrIrons

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't 3582 if its a daily. Will need plenty of supporting mods including Ecu.

It's a huge turbo compared to stock

I drove an unopened RB25 with a 3076 bolted up to the side and I thought that was hella laggy, can't imagine how laggy a 3582 would be lol...

nothing, nothing, nothing, (4500rpm) something, soemthing, (5000rpm) BAM LIGHT SWITCH ROCKET, rev limiter

What are you guys (those of you running highflowed/bigger turbos) running in terms of ECU? Have you just got a remap or are you running aftermarket ECU modules like Wolf3D or Microtech?

if you're going highflow and want to keep the stock injectors/afm etc.. and don't want crazy power.. just get a nistune or toshi to reflash your stock ECU (he uses some funky daughter board that's not nistune and solders it on)

I have Nov and Dec special.

Nistune Z32 ecu tune for std turbo $1100 include ecu and nistune board.

Nistune Z32 ecu tune for hiflow turbo only $1150 include ecu and nistune board.

This price only 4 cars.

R33 ecu tune is from $700

I hi flowed my 33 turbo a few years back and bolted it back up ran around 9-10 psi and car did not like it at all so I had to upgrade ecu,luckily enough the American dollar was crazy good at the time and I ended up getting a pfc delivered to my door for just under $1100.

Okay, so I pulled my intake apart this afternoon... Shaft play isn't overly bad, but it's definitely present. Gonna fabricate up a catch can, install it, clean the intake out and check the intake again in a few weeks and see if the oil is still present. My plan for upgrade (now I've researched it, I kinda wanna do it anyway) is to get Hypergear to highflow the turbo and install a NIStune daughter board to the ECU and tune it for 10psi boost. Should cost around $1700.

Mental note....you can't put a Nistune board in your R33 ECU. You have to get a Z32 or R32 ECU and use that. Z32 gives you VTC with no other hassles. R32 means you need to add a window switch to control the cams. Other option, as posted above, is Toshi funkying up your R33 ECU. But I'd tak him up on his Z32 Nistune option if I were you.

Mental note....you can't put a Nistune board in your R33 ECU. You have to get a Z32 or R32 ECU and use that. Z32 gives you VTC with no other hassles. R32 means you need to add a window switch to control the cams. Other option, as posted above, is Toshi funkying up your R33 ECU. But I'd tak him up on his Z32 Nistune option if I were you.

Does the Z32 ECU plug into the R33 harness or do you need to re-wire it?

Just get a std turbo rebuilt to std specs otherwise as your finding out the price goess up fast and the mod bug will bite you... Once you start you cant stop...

And if you cant stop with the mods youll find the nistune and hiflow wont be enough and your simple daily will turn into something else, im sure many people on here have found this to happen...

Keep it simple and things will stay simple and relatively cheap

Start to modify stuff and it wont stop and does get expensive and time consuming

Yeah I'm starting to see that. I don't wanna start throwing money at it if it's going to be an ongoing thing... Trying to save for bigger things (i.e house). Almost everywhere I've spoken to says they will highflow it as well as rebuild (hypergear included) so what if I get it installed, install a manual boost controller and just retard the boost to 7psi if it tries boost higher after the highflow.