SAU Community

R33 - GTR versus Modded GTS-t - which is better ?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/steps into ring, quickly says following.

Given the question I would buy a GTS-t... why, with $26k of mods it would turn a decent outing at all the three dissaplines, and beat the GT-R at each. although I have not driven a GT-R, I haven't driven a GTS-t with $26k of mods on it either... so I base my descision on what I'm able to learn through others...

(Might add that a R32 GT-R would really shake things up abit... especially with that wonderful fuse!)

/jumps out of ring and runs for door trying to evade all angry braws occuring in the crowds!

why do you take what i say out of context and say i'm the 11 year old?

It was perfectly in context. You said that the richer man would win the drag race. This thread is about two theoretical vehicles that cost the same amount! What about this don't you understand?!?!?!?!?

Adrian

Merli said it pages ago, id take the GTR, but i cant see any car being worth 45k, not with the money i earn. And a stock 45k GTR would drive me mad, i would have to at least spend 10-15k on wheels, suspension, turbo etc etc to get it how I want it.

So that leaves me with my GTST until i win PowerBall and buy a TVR. Until then ill keep plugging away with my GTST which in my eyes , credit where credit is due offers pretty credible performance.

i would choose the R although i drive a gtst myself. Like merli or someone else that said...an R will alwayz and R. And whatever you do or how ever much u put on your T...it will alwayz be a T and it will never have the respect a GTR brings.

so for me..i will only looking to mod my gtst slightly hopin in the future i can move up to the big R!!

Hi Guilty,

Please read the first post of the thread and not just the title. The scope is not about respect etc, it's about performance for $$ with two R33s as examples.

Thanks very much :rofl:

Cheers, :D

I must admit though - after thinking about this a bit more - a 1989 R32 GTR for $15,000 -$18,000 on the road and then chuck another $27K-$30K at it - is a very tasty proposition. Not that I have driven an R32 GTR..... so I wouldn't really know.

Keep OT B-Man :(

i have noticed a strong point here.. mainly those with a GTR think spending too much money on a GTS-T is a waste.. whereas everybody with a GTS-T says that with $26k worth of mods they might prefer it to a stock GTR. But they haven't driven or owned a GTR. Funny that :D:(

Is there any GTR owned who wants to sell their GTR and buy a GTS-T and spend $40k on it. Therein I think may lie the answer to this whole thread :rofl:

bman: now a 1989 GTR fully built from the ground up.. now you are talking. Why pay for an expensive GTR if its all got to come into pieces and most bits will be replaced anyhow :rofl:

Sorry?  Which car?  The 1991 Mazda 323 or the R33 GTS-T?  I'm not sure I understand the question.  You're not up to date on my car and you don't know "where it is" but i must have "spent big dollars to get it where it is"..... ????

I do understand the last bit of the question though.  11.959 @ 117mph - 1.6 60'.

Adrian

Don't be sorry adrian, my mistake I should have remembered I was asking an 11year old. You're an idiot! Dont gimme this crap you didn't understand which car I was talkin about, yet you knew which time to post for your qtr.

(again I slap myself on the head as I fall back off the chair and hit the floor rolling in laughter. Damn twice today, and says to myself Buster & 2rismo must wagged shool today)

Don't be sorry adrian, my mistake I should have remembered I was asking an 11year old. You're an idiot! Dont gimme this crap you didn't understand which car I was talkin about, yet you knew which time to post for your qtr.

WTF?!?!?! I'm an idiot???? You said the following:

2rismo, not up to date on your car but surely you've spent some big dollars to get it where it is.. Roughly how much, and what's your best time?

So you're not up to date on my car but i MUST have spent big dollars??? To get it where it is???? Where?????

I was being sarcastic in asking which car you meant because your statements made no sense. Sarcasm being vastly different from a smart-arse response and a personal attack.

Grow up meshmesh. No-one likes a smart-arse. In fact, if you continue, the admins of this forum would probably consider it the best idea if you were chucked in 'the pit' or banned you completely. I dunno.

BTW, BU5TER and I only wag school to beat down inane little fu(ks that talk too much. That needn't include you, I should think.

Adrian

how about a GTS-4??? i got mine for less than a a GTS-T and its got the 4WD... spending money on a gts4 would be a better option. you could bolt in a RB26 and spend the money on turbos and cooler and suspension etc... what do you guys think?

BTW, BU5TER and I only wag school to beat down inane little fu(ks that talk too much.  That needn't include you, I should think.

Adrian

:( Bam-ba-Lam ... I feel like Elvis now, my knees are shaking that much, any more and I might break into a rap.

Adrian & Buster Douglas it "comes across" that you guys truely do have an insecurity about something, and my question was far from a sarcastic or smart ass one... I apoligise to you 2rismo if you read it like that.

I GIVE UP! THE END...back to the thread.

[Anymore slaps on my head and I'm sure to knock myself out, so no more slaps. Instead I'm gonna slap you, you slap buster, and the ambulance driver slaps it into drive]

meshmesh good reply I do admit I had lost my sense of humuor a touch yesterday thanks for being the bigger man and not keeping it going

Brett

oh and if I'm ever lucky enough to be racing down your way we'll have to line up at the strip just for fun

meh screw you all, I don't have 45k and I have a GTS.... but with god as my witness I will beat half of you by the end of the year... or I put bomb in car n blow you to sky! lol

I've driven a highly modified GTR (sorry haven't owned one but researched costs involving maintaining one) and I decided against buying a 1993 R32 GTR simply coz it costs too much given my finances. I instead bought an R32 GTS, and invested in property, now I am getting some money out of my investments and am gonna slowly modify my car. Thus far I've bought a TD06 setup, PFC, and will soon have, an RB25, exhaust and HKS intercooler kit. All this for a tidy sum of 6k :( It may not be 26k, but it sure as hell will let me have some fun driving.

I've chucked a GTR around a U turn at 60 and I've chucked a modified GTSt around that same turn... just on that experience I'd buy the GTR.

So there you have it, from my financial perspective I'd buy a GTSt, for fun to drivability I'd buy a GTR.

At the end of the day, if we lower the stakes a little and considered this... get a GTR to run a 12 sec pass and a GTSt to run a 12sec pass. With real world modification (and none of this bollocks unlimited mods crap, that never happens in the real world, the reason you bought a stock GTSt is coz you couldn't afford the stock GTR, and as you get more money you mod you stock GTSt). You'll find that the GTR requires little to no modification to do this, and will be just as healthy before and after the run.

A GTSt on the other hand would require some modification, although not extreme, by the end of the run the GTSt will show signs of wear. Reason being, the GTR was built with a higher power specification in mind. A GTSt was built with a lower specification.

What you make of both these cars depends on how deep your wallets are, and its one thing getting your car to do what it does, keeping it that way for over a year is another matter.

I'd buy a Gtst and then strap it to a 26k catapult, it'd be faster than a GTR. Then I'd aim it at the GTR.....................lol

May the tuff car win..................[i'm drivelling $hit again cos I think the whole topic is nonsensical, interesting, but nonsensical]