SAU Community

R33 - GTR versus Modded GTS-t - which is better ?

Id take a 35K gtr and poor 10k into it.

Or you'd get your mummy to buy you a GTR and then proceed to demolish a bus stop with it....

Either way really.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a stupid question the GTR vs GTst thing but:

I love GTRS however, 26k spent on a gtst will kill a GTR track, drift, drag, whatever, aslong as the money is correctly spent.

A. Gtst is lighter then GTR

B. Upgrade Suspension and R Tyres or slicks, add roll cage and Gtst will handle better then GTR

C. Strip interior to be even lighter

D. Engine is no where near as modifiable as Rb26, however spend 15k on the engine to aim aroun 300rwkws.

This would destroy a standard or lightly modded R.

Obviously spend the same on the R and the Gtst would not have as much of a chance.

i had a r32 gtr

was a fun car and i drove it ocasionally quick(track, drift, rally)

anyway i sold it for a gts becasue gtr's are boring!!!!!!!!! :wassup:  

sure there better, sometimes faster, and all that crap......

so what do ya do you take the gtr motor and stick it in your r31(yea baby!!!!!!!!!!!! :P )

and ive said it before my mum could drive my gtr as fast as i could where as my r31 you have to tame the beast to drive it fast

her is some stats the gtr lapped 0.5 seconds quicker in 4wd around Oran park south compared to when it was in 2wd and it was alot more fun in 2wd

lol

The "foxy" charade look like more fun than any of your cars.

Also worth noting is most people who own GTRs tend to have a larger budget for mods etc than GTSt owners, simply because of their financial situation in life (them being late 20s to early 30's with a good paying job, investments and property).

wheras GTSt owners tend to be sub 25 yr olds who have a spend as you earn lifestyle (icluding me).

but then again thats a very broad generalisdation. and we all hate being pigeonholed.

So realistically speaking, a GTR owner should be able to afford more powerful upgrades to their car than a GTSt owner can. Unless you have an affliction to park your car in bus-stops.

to have a larger budget for mods etc than GTSt owners, simply because of their financial situation in life (them being late 20s to early 30's with a good paying job, investments and property).

This thread is ridiculous, as is this generalisation.

Adrian

I've chucked a GTR around a U turn at 60 and I've chucked a modified GTSt around that same turn... just on that experience I'd buy the GTR.

Not having a shot...justy a different perspective...why would you buy a GTR based on this? I doubt the 4WD would have kicked in, which brings you back to suspension balance and mechanical grip.

With the suspension being so similar between the two cars, and remembering that GTRs , especially VSpecs have much firmer/sporting suspension, dont go lending too much credit to the factt that it was 4WD/GTR.

actually it was a VSpec... hmmm. It just felt a whole lot better through the curve of the turn, and coming out of it was where the AWD made that lasting impression on me.

And adrian, i did state that it was a broad generalisation, obviously there are a lot people who dont fit it.

My personal opinion is that i would prefer a modded GTS-t...

Or in my case my GTS-R...

I've spend about as much on my car as what a stock R33 GTR sells for.

But my car IMO, once complete my car should be quicker than a stock GTR.

To get the GTR to the level my car is, would mean a few EXTRA $$$ spent on the GTR ontop of the buying price. Extra $$$ that i definately aint got anymore :P

But i also prefer constant RWD, and the feed-back. I've driven an R34 GTR and it felt really heavy. Where my car feels a lot lighter and i get more feed-back through the wheel etc.

Each to thier own.

I love my T but would go the R in that situation. Not too interested in 1/4 or drift more into track. Mainly also cos it would be my daily driver and a stock R would be better behaved I would think on the street than a highly modified yet faster T.

I would luv to take an R on a hill climb round Mt Glorious/Nebo. Plenty of fun in the T though still. Thats were I think both the T and the R come into their own twisty hills. Not that I'm a hillclimb expert nowhere near just comparing to my previous 4 cars. Point is i think the R would be even better in this (my favourite type) road situation.

actually it was a VSpec... hmmm. It just felt a whole lot better through the curve of the turn, and coming out of it was where the AWD made that lasting impression on me.

Id be willing to place a small wager the thing was in RWD all the while you were going "WOW check the grip!"

Firmer susp std, wider rubber std, reasonably late model car with susp that is in good nic with regards to bushes and alignment etc etc.

I have been in a few R33 GTRs around circuits, and the torque gauge doesnt move near as much as i expected. Then i have been in an R33 GTST, and it was easily the equal of the R33 GTRs i have been in for handling and feel, but ultimately the grip level may have been a little less then one particular modified R33 GTR, otherwise it even had as much grip as the other GTRs.

hey b-man you've sure stirred things up here :D

my bet is that a GTSt with $36k of mods (money well spent) would kick *any* stock car, teh mighty GTR included.

But, if I knew I had $45k to spend I'd buy a $20k gtst and a $10k r32 gtr with $15k of mods.

Oh, hang on, I did :P

He he - if I had the $$ I'd love a $45K GTR and then spend another $26K worth of mods.

That would give me a weapon GTR and out of pocket $71K

But if I only had $45K to spend, and I wanted an R33 Skyline - for Drag/Track/Drift - I'd choose a GTS-t - cause teh GTS-t can never loose. :P

The truth hurts hey......

PS - It's all good :D

We all love Skylines :)

:):rofl: :rofl: :D:)