SAU Community

Hey guys... looking into a stronger alternative gearbox for my drift car and someone mentioned jerico boxes. I did a bit of searching on them and it seems they fit the bill.. strong, light, dog engagement and best of all cost effective. Has anyone done the swap and if so whats involved? i realise a lot of custom work will be required but i can do all that.

Well they are just a fancy dogbox toploader mate, so whatever that takes, i had one for a street rotary,

i thought about putting it in my R31, but it would smash borgys and tailshafts drag racing

, so sold it and went powerglide

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Jericos aren't a bad thing.

The 4 speed is the controlled box for the new Zealand touring car category & for the v8 Dubai series as well. In the dubai series they run an external sequential shifter that is similar to the ikea shifters, Aussie designed and built too.

They have Massive ratio range and their service is rather good.

Are you after a 4 or 5 speed.

I've got a couple of the nz touring car 4 speeds that were removed for hollinger upgrades.

5 speed best to buy from jerico USA. They are extremely helpful and can be contacted by phone

shitloads here in vic and cheap, had heaps on info on my facebook page awhile back, was going to make sr and rb bellhousings but i got lazy. i know of one place that has around 30.

Use this shifter and you are king :P

post-34927-0-10852500-1350561358_thumb.jpg

shitloads here in vic and cheap, had heaps on info on my facebook page awhile back, was going to make sr and rb bellhousings but i got lazy. i know of one place that has around 30.

Use this shifter and you are king :P

pm me with everything you know dude :D

Where are they $880 ?

I would like one for my 33.

Thanks, Mark

Renegade don't do a shifter for the r33.

They don't do one for the 5 speed Jerico either last time I spoke with them about converting one of the touring cars over

They were working on a 6 speed tremec shifter though.

You won't get one behind a GTR. You've got to remember they are essentially an old top loader box with straight cut dog engagement arrangement. They use a pissy extension housing and external selector linkages.

These are in no way comparable to a top shelf PPG or hollinger H pattern box.