SAU Community

1St November 2012 Road Rules Upgrades

GTR-N1

Essentially...

* Before entering a roundabout, you must indicate (to give sufficient warning to other road users) if you intend to turn left or right on exiting.

* Just before exiting a roundabout, a driver must indicate with a left indicator one's intention to exit.

* All mobile phones must be placed in a fixed mounting or not be touching the driver in any way.

* Only when parked with one's engine off, can a driver hold a mobile phone in his hand; unless passing it to a passenger.

* Any visual display unit like a GPS must be cradled in a commercially designed fixed mounting; and must not create a blind spot.

Comments?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Essentially...

* Before entering a roundabout, you must indicate (to give sufficient warning to other road users) if you intend to turn left or right on exiting.

* Just before exiting a roundabout, a driver must indicate with a left indicator one's intention to exit.

How is this different to what the rules are now?

How is this different to what the rules are now?

Previously, the words read, "...when entering..."

On 1/11/12, the words read, "...before entering..."

Penalty = 2 demerit points & $165

Lol.

I won't be laughing when people...

i) don't know their right from their left

ii) continue beyond 360 degrees with the left blinker on all the time

iii) like demented geriatrics forget because they can't adjust

When my memory starts to go, I think I'll turn on my hazards :P

I just wish slow people would get in the f**king left lane.

Although, a couple more paint ads and I should be able to buy a helicopter.

Edited by Berk

Essentially...

* All mobile phones must be placed in a fixed mounting or not be touching the driver in any way.

* Only when parked with one's engine off, can a driver hold a mobile phone in his hand; unless passing it to a passenger.

* Any visual display unit like a GPS must be cradled in a commercially designed fixed mounting; and must not create a blind spot.

Comments?

It's all the same to me... I thought it was like this for a few years now. I always indicate about 3-5 seconds before I even reach the roundabout and occasionally indicate my exit direction eg. Enter to turn right and indicate left to turn out. Mobile phone in fixed cradle is a new thing to me but I've always had this practice, and like the two last ones, I thought they were the same before too.

I won't be laughing when people...

i) don't know their right from their left

ii) continue beyond 360 degrees with the left blinker on all the time

iii) like demented geriatrics forget because they can't adjust

When my memory starts to go, I think I'll turn on my hazards :P

HAHAHA this made my day. That's if you remember to use hazards...

It's common sense to indicate BEFORE you reach a roundabout (you're supposed to do it at any intersection where you're turning/veering off the normal course of the road), but it's incredible just how uncommon that common sense is... :/

It 'may' fix the common roundabout problem of people entering from the left lane, but continues to turn right causing the car on the right lane that's going straight to stop quickly to avoid an accident.

This always happens at the Kingsford roundabout and it shts me to tears. Nowadays I always go straight in the left lane so grandmas and soccermums won't give me a lovetap on the side of the car.

Meh, doesn't phase me the slightest.

I got other third world problems to worry about.

Like jury duty tomorrow.

omfg /wrist

Just say u naild the defendants daughter on the weekend or something get u out of it quick smart hahahaha, im a little bit pissed off about the mobile phone changes, not for making calls when driving but because i use my smart phone as an MP3 player plugged into my head unit when im driving, how do i change songs now :mad:

Comments?

THIS. This is a good thing. Lots of retards I have seen stick it in the middle of the screen right in front of them.

But realistically- They'll be more interested in defecting your pod filter than enforcing this.

It 'may' fix the common roundabout problem of people entering from the left lane, but continues to turn right causing the car on the right lane that's going straight to stop quickly to avoid an accident.

This always happens at the Kingsford roundabout and it shts me to tears. Nowadays I always go straight in the left lane so grandmas and soccermums won't give me a lovetap on the side of the car.

The only thing that could possibly fix that roundabout is traffic lights. No one has a clue what they're doing on it and it's just stupid, mostly a 2 lane roundabout with one section of a single lane?! Have had many a near miss with idiots there.

THIS. This is a good thing. Lots of retards I have seen stick it in the middle of the screen right in front of them.

But realistically- They'll be more interested in defecting your pod filter than enforcing this.

I've seen people do this! What.... IDIOTS!! Worse is you can actually see their heads moving side to side trying to look around the gps... Come on... Really??

The only thing that could possibly fix that roundabout is traffic lights. No one has a clue what they're doing on it and it's just stupid, mostly a 2 lane roundabout with one section of a single lane?! Have had many a near miss with idiots there.

I've had so many near misses on James Ruse Drive heading onto the M4 ramp from Parramatta Rd. Like why the f**k would you have two lanes merge into one, and the lanes don't even have those give way lanes where theres arrows pointing out to the lane that continues onwards. Very dangerous as motorists in both lanes have rights to over take each other and theres nothing to govern who goes first.