SAU Community

Agreement By Licensed Driver Who Is Testing A Vehicle

GTR-N1

AGREEMENT BY A LICENSED DRIVER WHO IS TESTING A VEHICLE

I acknowledge that by asking for, and participating in a test drive, I am responsible for...

1) all damage to the test vehicle if I am "at fault" or cannot identify nor have details of the person "at fault"

2) damage that is caused by the vehicle in my control

3) theft or loss of the vehicle

4) all fines, regardless of when issued by the relevant authority during the test drive according to the times and date below

Start Time & Date.....................................................................................................................................................................

Finish Time & Date...................................................................................................................................................................

Furthermore, I state that in such an event, I will pay for the costs of repairs to the vehicle &/or property collided with, subject to the lesser of 2 agreed quotes including...

a) actual cost of repair

b) any towing fees

c) any excesses

d) any fines

e) cost of replacement vehicle of similar condition if required

In the case of a catastrophic incident where the cost to repair, is greater than the asking price of the vehicle, I am willing to pay that purchase price within 14 days.

Identification:-

Licence Number............................................................... (and I consent to a facsimile of the licence which will be deleted after an incident-free test drive).

Name.................................................................................................................................

Signature .......................................................................................................................... Date......../........../..........

Owner................................................................................................................................

Signature .......................................................................................................................... Date......./.........../..........

Vehicle VIN......................................................................................................................... Registration Number ........................................

I signed something similar to this 2 days ago whilst doing a test drive > I've upgraded it.

Essentially, it's a 'You break it - you pay for it' contract.

If you are selling a vehicle and find this document useful, go for it!

Hehe...

I baulked when I first sighted it Dale.

And when I brought the car back, I had to remind the owner to let ourselves to sign off.

Hmmm, apparently a car of his got pinched before; and perhaps the thief arrived in an already stolen car of lesser quality.

He's an architect; not a lawyer - but I don't know where he got this drawn up. It had a few holes in it - and it still does; but it's the best I can do at the moment. I know for instance that you can't get a 17 year old or at the other end of the scale, an Alzheimer's sufferer to sign such a document.

Very useful, i remember having to sign something like this when test driving a car from a dealer;

also Terry, are you able to disclose what wheels you were sussing out?

I signed something similar to this 2 days ago whilst doing a test drive > I've upgraded it.

Essentially, it's a 'You break it - you pay for it' contract.

If you are selling a vehicle and find this document useful, go for it!

I used a document just like this one when i sold my last skyline and my bike a few weeks ago. Why wouldn'w you use something to protect yourself in the event that some tool comes along and crashes your pride and joy.

There are some dodgey buggers out there that will never pay up in the event of an accident and this seemed to scare a lot of them away in my experience.

Well worth it!!

Good idea from a private sale point of view - I sell used cars and we have a similar form to fill out but only in the event of a loan car. Basically says the same thing, you damage it you pay for it.

It also lists the km's the car had when it left the yard, customers details eg name, number, licence details, address. Time car left yard, time came back on the yard and signed off.

• 2 weeks later...

I can amend Post #1

So,...

Should I insert a space for Odometer reading - before and after?

Not sure about that.

Actually, it might be helpful eh; if the car was stolen > upon retrieval, police could have 1 extra piece of data?

And if the driver went through a Speed Camera 10Kms away - again an extra piece of data for the vendor?

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...