SAU Community

R32 Rb20Det Problems

pasteyy

Iv just bought a r32 rb20det and it has a few problems. its sounds like its missing off 1 cylinder and not running right.

When i put my foot down on the pedal it drives for and then all of a sudden it jumps foward and looses power then comes back on.

Also when i slow down sometimes it drops down to 200-300rpm and then jump back up and some times it stalls. Its running a rough idle of inbettween 1000-1300.Also is blowing black smoke when coming on boost. my boss thinks maybe one of the injector could be blocked?

So far what iv done is replaced 1 coil and the coil loom. and replaced afm. And removed spark plugs and wirebrushed the ends as the were all very black i drove it for a day and removed plugs again and found that they were just as black again? i also removed the fuel filter and its pretty much brand new.

another thing is the bov is venting to atmosphere could that a probelm?

the other things im thinking about checking and cleaning acc valve, checking for vacum leaks around the pvc valve? and around the intake. maybe replace the the cas and tps? would i be able to use these off an rb20de? is there anything else you guys think could be the problem?

Also the car hadnt been driven for a while iv put more fuel but could there still be stale fuel or something like the causing a problem?

Edited by pasteyy

found its got nothing 2 do with the bov ,maybe thinking leaking injectors and the plugs are fouling like its running rich? also found after coming boost and going hard from 1st 2nd and almost 2 3rd after that it starts to die like shudders like theres not enough fuel getting to it? so it could be fuel pump?

Edited by pasteyy

sounds like a few little problems,clean the idle control valve, check vacuum hoses for leaks, check fuel rail pressure

Edited by GH05T