SAU Community

Wheel Alignment

Hi, I recently put in adjustable camber arms in the rear of my R32. I now have adjustable camber arms on the rear, adjustable caster on the front and height adjustable tein super street coilovers all round. I'm getting adjustable front camber arms also but not for some months and rims are standard 32 GTST items if it makes a difference. Anyways I have a 2 part question.

1. What are some good alignment settings for drifting keeping in mind it is also a street car on weekends and I have no camber adjustment on the front.

2. Where's a good place between parramatta and penrith to get a wheel alignment that won't cost more than $100 (pedders want $250)? Including camber (some places don't like touching camber strangely enough)

I hope this is clear, sorry if its a little confusing

Edited by Philr32

Drift settings as follows (given what you have on the car).

1. Wind in as much castor at the front as it will take.

2. Wind on as much rear neg camber as it will take.

3. Pump rear tyres to 45 psi.

4. Replace rear springs with steel bar.

Lol to 3 and 4. Will pump up rear tyres to maybe 38 psi. Anyone got ideas where to go that wont charge an arm and a leg for a 4 wheel alignment?

In Sydney? Then give Bruce a call at Exceller Steering. tell him i said to call, he will look after you.

26 Exceller Avenue

Bankstown NSW 2200

(02) 9790 1745

Settings wise,

Front

Toe = out 2 mm each side

Caster = as much as you can get

Camber = you will ned around 4 degrees so when you do the upper control arm bushes makle sure that you get both an inner and an outer kit.

Rear

Toe = out 3 mm each side

Camber = around 2.5 degrees negative should be enough, but make sure to eliminate the rear bump steer as much as possible by adjusting the upper control arm and the traction rod in tandem ie; maintain their relative lengths.

If you haven't already done them;

1. Swaybars, by far the best value for money upgrade

2. Rear subframe alignment kit, takes out most of the slop in the rear subframe and can be set for drift traction levels.

Cheers

Gary

I usually set rear cambers as close to Zero as possible. One particular drifter (who is very fkn good) who's car I align runs +0.5 degrees camber on the rear ;)

Drift settings as follows (given what you have on the car).

1. Wind in as much castor at the front as it will take.

3. Pump rear tyres to 45 psi.

4. Replace rear springs with steel bar.

Would you give the same advice to this guy bippuzoku-alto-works.jpg

Edited by sadr33

In Sydney? Then give Bruce a call at Exceller Steering. tell him i said to call, he will look after you.

26 Exceller Avenue

Bankstown NSW 2200

(02) 9790 1745

Settings wise,

Front

Toe = out 2 mm each side

Caster = as much as you can get

Camber = you will ned around 4 degrees so when you do the upper control arm bushes makle sure that you get both an inner and an outer kit.

Rear

Toe = out 3 mm each side

Camber = around 2.5 degrees negative should be enough, but make sure to eliminate the rear bump steer as much as possible by adjusting the upper control arm and the traction rod in tandem ie; maintain their relative lengths.

If you haven't already done them;

1. Swaybars, by far the best value for money upgrade

2. Rear subframe alignment kit, takes out most of the slop in the rear subframe and can be set for drift traction levels.

Cheers

Gary

Tried calling excelled steering multiple times with no luck. Any other recommendations?

Wholesale Suspension at Penrith (or Blacktown)?

Pat is 2IC - easy to discuss things.

We had a SAU Tech Night there last year.

I use Steve Phillips at Steve's Autobarn at Blackheath with satellite pickup

Steve is prepared to discuss any issues whilst under your car

Wholesale Suspension at Penrith (or Blacktown)?

Pat is 2IC - easy to discuss things.

We had a SAU Tech Night there last year.

I use Steve Phillips at Steve's Autobarn at Blackheath

Definitely considering wholesale they are a little pricey though $100-150 and you need to book a week or so ahead for Saturdays, I'm too unorganized to plan a week ahead lol ;)