SAU Community

About Aftermarket Coilpacks

lareee

Bob, so did you buy it from the same link too?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NISSAN-SKYLINE-R33-RB25-GTST-SERIES-2-R34-RB26-GTR-FULL-SET-6-NEW-COIL-PACKS-/230880569818?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35c18de9da&_uhb=1#ht_693wt_1271

I'm really tempted to buy them now to replace my homo mismatched Yellow Jackets

I still can't wrap my head around brand new OEM coils for $250.. when they're like $100+ for each coil from most traders

100% genuine, genuine part numbers and packaging. From the states, same story as bob.

I couldnt believe the price also, hes a good person to deal with, very helpful and check his feedback

Well so was i for the price, but he says they come from a dealer in the states closed down or something like that.

For me the thing that done it was, his communication and have a look at his feedback, nearly 1000 @ 100% positive, nothing wrong with that!

Edited by Bw33zy

Bob, so did you buy it from the same link too?

http://www.ebay.com....1#ht_693wt_1271

I'm really tempted to buy them now to replace my homo mismatched Yellow Jackets

Just checked - and no was another Aussie ebayer and i paid $400 and he is not selling now so maybe he was a reseller - was over a year ago and they are still working fine!

• 4 years later...
On 11/22/2012 at 0:14 PM, KiwiRS4T said:

They were over $1000 a set from Nissan!

I bought an ebay set and they look genuine and seem to work ok. I heard they came from a bankrupted Nissan dealer in the US though why they would have huge stocks of them I don't know. I hope they are not fake but are working so far at 20psi and 280kw. See what happens with a bit more power.

On another note a Stagea owner says his Yellowjackets broke down after 18 months!

Yay revive old post because I used the search function :P 

im considering the Fuji spark coils because I can actually afford them. But I have no clue what they're like and can only find old reviews from like 5 years ago. 

Or should I get yellow jacket?

its kinda pushing it for yellow jackets and then split fires which I'd love are just out of the picture currently

not sure if I should risk it or not 

1 hour ago, spudtatoe said:

Yay revive old post because I used the search function :P 

im considering the Fuji spark coils because I can actually afford them. But I have no clue what they're like and can only find old reviews from like 5 years ago. 

Or should I get yellow jacket?

its kinda pushing it for yellow jackets and then split fires which I'd love are just out of the picture currently

not sure if I should risk it or not 

I suggest you research wisely on what I have highlighted.

yeah search function will reveal most opinions on said highlighted product
i see more and more people selling used splitfirfes on fb pages, i would trust them over the cheaper options. 

Edited by GH05T

I suggest you research wisely on what I have highlighted.

Right... what exactly do you mean by that? Or is there anything in particular you are referring to?

yeah search function will reveal most opinions on said highlighted product
i see more and more people selling used splitfirfes on fb pages, i would trust them over the cheaper options. 

I took a look on Facebook and couldn't find any posts unfortunately

I have yellowjackets and they work fine [emoji14]
But my engine is standard, standard boost.
If you're going to push it, Splitfire or new OEM.

I've just got a standard 25RS Four Stagea, RB25DE NEO. So it's not exactly a high performing car haha.

I won't need expensive coils I take it

I've just got a standard 25RS Four Stagea, RB25DE NEO. So it's not exactly a high performing car haha.

I won't need expensive coils I take it

Try using Google for searching. Facebook isn't the place for info on this type of thing. I'll spell it out for you. Spitfire and oem is the way to go for standard style coilpacks. All the other brightly coloured ones have sketchy reputations. These days people convert to ls1/2 coils and Toyota yaris, Audi r8 amongst others. Just remember you get what you pay for. If you need more info than that, GOOGLE[emoji6]

Try using Google for searching. Facebook isn't the place for info on this type of thing. I'll spell it out for you. Spitfire and oem is the way to go for standard style coilpacks. All the other brightly coloured ones have sketchy reputations. These days people convert to ls1/2 coils and Toyota yaris, Audi r8 amongst others. Just remember you get what you pay for. If you need more info than that, GOOGLE[emoji6]

Yellow jacket are probably only about $100 cheaper. When I used google the first 10 results were all SAU. I'll do some research on LS coils

Cheers.

Ls coils are not direct fit. Oem or split fire is my recommendation. Whichever you can get cheaper or easier.

Figured that, not too sure whether I should just replace the shot one or go and buy a whole set. As I don't know if I want to replace one then have another one go down the road lol

I'm leaning towards splitfire but don't really have the money for a full set

I'd suggest selling the car cause you obviously can't afford the repair bills on it

Okay so I probably worded it wrong, I don't have money set aside for coils. Doesn't mean I don't have the money for them, I do, lol.

If that's the case and money is scarce, gap the plugs down to 0.6mm and see if that fixes it for now and keep a look out on eBay Gumtree forums for some used coils to mix and match to make a full set. I bought an oem set off ebay a year ago for $10 as spares, they also came with a loom. I tested them just to see if they where any good and they where. Good luck.