SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

You need to differentiate between weight distribution and centre of gravity. The heavy wing helps with weight ditribution but not with the c of g.

Anyway out of interest are N1 rear windows available at all?

Yes, N1 windows are available.

Do you want one? or are you just referring to another method of removing the rear wiper?

Because the costs of the N1 rear window by far exceeds the costs just getting a rubber grommet (although N1 rear windows do look nicer :P )

Edited by Ants

Yes, N1 windows are available.

Do you want one? or are you just referring to another method of removing the rear wiper?

Because the costs of the N1 rear window by far exceeds the costs just getting a rubber grommet (although N1 rear windows do look nicer :P )

Nah I was just curious. Obviously a rubber grommet is cheaper than a window, not to mention the drug money Nissan want for the rubber sealing strip that goes around it. Probably why I have seen a few GTR's that have suffered from a broken rear window where the owner has full glass coverage on their insurance. Coincidentally. Allegedly. Apparently. From what I heard. On the internet. From overseas. Hmmm.

What I would like is a new windscreen with an antenna in it, rather than the local ones which I understand dont have them.

Activities from the weekend, got the front subframe stripped down ready to start paint prep

IMG_6562.JPG

IMG_6564.JPG

IMG_6570.JPG

IMG_6578.JPG

IMG_6590.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6587.JPG

Plan is to get everything cleaned down, painted, replace hub seals (bearings feel good), some new ball joints to replace

Also have to get the rotor dust shields off, can anyone offer any advice on doing this easily/best way?

IMG_6582.JPG

• Like 1

This is like watching a show of overhaulin, except instead of some random muscle car it's a GTR!!

How the hell did you learn to pull a skyline down into this many components and put it all back together? Did you work at the Nissan factory or something?

I cut my dust shields off yesterday with a 4" grinder and just left little tabs on there.

Cheers mate, appreciate the input

This is like watching a show of overhaulin, except instead of some random muscle car it's a GTR!!

How the hell did you learn to pull a skyline down into this many components and put it all back together? Did you work at the Nissan factory or something?

Haha cheers Nick, plenty more to come mate, still going with the shit stuff!

Just learning as I go hey, all about having the right people around you, right tools, a big shed and an old man who is always there to help

Yet to see how it goes putting it back together....that's the hard bit (but the best)

Yep definitely cutting wheel / grinder as Michael said

Thanks for confirming Paul

Took some photos of the bay when the light was a lot better, pretty happy with how it came up

IMG_6484.JPG

IMG_6485.JPG

IMG_6489.JPG

IMG_6490.JPG

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_6495.JPG

Looked a bit worst for wear that one!

Might be worth cleaning up and putting aside in case you ever change your mind.

What do you have in mind to plug the small squirter hole ?

(an automotive plug from supercheap with silastic might do a good job)

Edit: JJR have the rear C panels for $160?

Rear wiper removal fun...

IMG_6618.JPG

Easy part

IMG_6619.JPG

Nut rusted and fused to thread

IMG_6620.JPG

IMG_6634.JPG

Hacksaw out

IMG_6635.JPG

Success, got it with no breakage :banana:

IMG_6637.JPG

IMG_6643.JPG

More junk for the bin

IMG_6641.JPG

Awesome Robbie.

Looks like that nut was really FUBAR. I wonder if mine is going to be like that, if it is at least I will know what to do then :yes:

Kind of perfect timing as I received this in mail.

IMG_1748_zpsf28fb565.jpg

Will fit perfectly for the rear wiper hole (being 30mm).

For the nozzle hole I have found this of which I have just purchased from

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Blanking-Grommet-10mm-Panel-Hole-Pkt-6-/321090727402?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac27fadea

We are all sorted :thumbsup:

Edited by Ants