SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Cheers Kevin, insane amount of work ahead...I don't envy you!!! Hope you will be putting a build thread up on here..?

Hey mate.

Sorry, i cant make a topic. This is not my car. It is from our customer. But i can send you pictures via E-Mail or Facebook when u want.

Best regards,

Kevin

Hey mate.

Sorry, i cant make a topic. This is not my car. It is from our customer. But i can send you pictures via E-Mail or Facebook when u want.

Best regards,

Kevin

Ah no worries Kevin, sounds cool, will shoot you a PM

Under body finally finished

IMG_7312.JPG

IMG_7310.JPG

IMG_7306.JPG

IMG_7307.JPG

IMG_7311.JPG

IMG_7303.JPG

Few more new bits, mmmmm billet

IMG_7322.JPG

IMG_7323.JPG

IMG_7325.JPG

IMG_7328.JPG

IMG_7332.JPG

IMG_7154.JPG

Lookin awesome Robbie. The time and effort is paying off. I like how you have trested the underbody. If I had a hoist and taken a year off work I would do the same.

That Hydroblast looks unreal. I'm now trying to look for parts I can send to them :)

NPC clutch eh..... hope its durable as GTRs go through singles very easily even with low powered engines.

Keep it up man it's a sensational restoration thread ;)

You know it Benny! Had to whip out the oxy as well as they would not budge without it...once heat in the they popped out easy

Thanks mate, getting frustrated now as keep finding little things to do they prevent me from starting to get things back together...just NEVER enough time :angry:

Haha much appreciated mate, doing my best to keep the photos coming! I know, I have a problem, just hoping it all comes together as I have planned...Where in Aus are you?

Still learning a lot about the car and loving it more every step closer it gets to being finished. Thanks, still so much to do with such little time to do it in

Keep the photos rolling in man, cant wait to see it finished. I am in Aspley, on Brisbane's northside.

Looking forward to going down to Sydney on the weekend to have a look at a few 32R's for sale, the minster for war and finance in our house hold has given permission to acquire another car... :yes:

Edited by mralbino

Lookin awesome Robbie. The time and effort is paying off. I like how you have trested the underbody. If I had a hoist and taken a year off work I would do the same.

That Hydroblast looks unreal. I'm now trying to look for parts I can send to them :)

NPC clutch eh..... hope its durable as GTRs go through singles very easily even with low powered engines.

Keep it up man it's a sensational restoration thread ;)

Cheers mate, starting to take shape now huh! Little things make the difference in the end right...? Haha yeah I hear ya...bloody work gets in the way of life!

Sure does, very impressed with it, really glad Silbeer suggested it. (thanks again Silbeer! bloody legend).

Mmmm yeah was going to go the Nismo twin comp spec but just couldn't justify the $$, will just have to see how the NPC goes

Yep will do, really looking forward to the assembly process now, should all come together pretty quick now...fingers crossed!!!

Good time to be running bigger fuel lines if the fuel system is on the list...

A good point mate, cheers. Will see how we go, have the old HICAS lines there....

Underbody turned out sick! Definitely want to do that one day

Thanks man, very happy with it looking back at how it was! The work it took but was just out of this world, hours upon hours under there...

Keep the photos rolling in man, cant wait to see it finished. I am in Aspley, on Brisbane's northside.

Looking forward to going down to Sydney on the weekend to have a look at a few 32R's for sale, the minster for war and finance in our house hold has given permission to acquire another car... :yes:

Will do mate, you and me both, not to long now! Yeah nice!! Shoot me a PM if you want to have a chat about 32R's, happy to offer my thoughts

WOW beautiful work this cars is going to be amazing can't wait to see it done !!!!

Cheers! Hopefully it's everything I have dreamed and more! Stay tuned, I will be putting in mass hours to get it done by end of Sept

Motor progress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_7161.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

IMG_7173.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7181.JPG

IMG_7183.JPG

IMG_7188.JPG

IMG_7192.JPG

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7210.JPG

Sump detail

IMG_7219.JPG

Bits1%25207.jpg

Bits1%25208.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers mate, starting to take shape now huh! Little things make the difference in the end right...? Haha yeah I hear ya...bloody work gets in the way of life!

Sure does, very impressed with it, really glad Silbeer suggested it. (thanks again Silbeer! bloody legend).

Mmmm yeah was going to go the Nismo twin comp spec but just couldn't justify the $$, will just have to see how the NPC goes

Yep will do, really looking forward to the assembly process now, should all come together pretty quick now...fingers crossed!!!

A good point mate, cheers. Will see how we go, have the old HICAS lines there....

Thanks man, very happy with it looking back at how it was! The work it took but was just out of this world, hours upon hours under there...

Will do mate, you and me both, not to long now! Yeah nice!! Shoot me a PM if you want to have a chat about 32R's, happy to offer my thoughts

Cheers! Hopefully it's everything I have dreamed and more! Stay tuned, I will be putting in mass hours to get it done by end of Sept

IMG_7161.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

IMG_7173.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7181.JPG

IMG_7183.JPG

IMG_7188.JPG

IMG_7192.JPG

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7210.JPG

Sump detail

IMG_7219.JPG

Bits1%25207.jpg

Bits1%25208.jpg

Speechless, breathless and everything else less...............WOW JUST WOW!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Is this going to be "fair weather drive only" when completed? After all this hard work, it's going to break your heart to get road grime all over it.

IMG_7161.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

IMG_7173.JPG

IMG_7172.JPG

IMG_7181.JPG

IMG_7183.JPG

IMG_7188.JPG

IMG_7192.JPG

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7210.JPG

Sump detail

IMG_7219.JPG

Bits1%25207.jpg

Bits1%25208.jpg

WOW yeah very nicely done i like how clean the vavle covers, timing cover and the intake look. plus all the polished parts

Just wondering why you didn't re paint the block after cleaning all the other components?

Absolute stunning job by the way. Wish I had the patience to follow through with a job like this. Would be in to much of a rush to have back on the road.

Loving the build just finished reading the thread twice. Something that is bugging me tho, I wasn't going to mention but the clear coating of alloy parts, I have to question the longevity. Unless its a special industrial type coating I'm not familiar with. I'm a ex panel beater, and a few years ago when I was still working we made some tools, mounts and some other odds n ends, some alloy but most steel, clear just does not stick very well and chips easily. In the end we prepped it with 180, etched them, few coats of silver then cleared and the bits were much more chip resistance. Also racing clear or 'fast clear' was even less resistant. I hope it works out for you but something to consider.

Cheers Damien & Anthony :happy:

I think I just came a little

Hahaha :cheers: I think...?

Is this going to be "fair weather drive only" when completed? After all this hard work, it's going to break your heart to get road grime all over it.

Yep, you're dead right, road grime is now my nemesis!!

That or a Nissan museum surely...

:blush:

Just wondering why you didn't re paint the block after cleaning all the other components?
Absolute stunning job by the way. Wish I had the patience to follow through with a job like this. Would be in to much of a rush to have back on the road.

One thing that got overlooked mate, I don't know why, I meant to do it but just didn't get there.

Thanks and the patience is starting to wear thin but it's the home stretch now! It just takes SO much time to EVERYTHING right and not cut corners hey, it's really quite unbelievable

Loving the build just finished reading the thread twice. Something that is bugging me tho, I wasn't going to mention but the clear coating of alloy parts, I have to question the longevity. Unless its a special industrial type coating I'm not familiar with. I'm a ex panel beater, and a few years ago when I was still working we made some tools, mounts and some other odds n ends, some alloy but most steel, clear just does not stick very well and chips easily. In the end we prepped it with 180, etched them, few coats of silver then cleared and the bits were much more chip resistance. Also racing clear or 'fast clear' was even less resistant. I hope it works out for you but something to consider.

Really appreciate the input mate. I am also unsure of the longevity...only time will tell as I don't know anyone who has done this personally

I am just doing the best I can with what I have and as this is my first build/restoration it's all about learning what works and what doesn't

Speaking of the clear, few more of the gearbox (photos DO NOT do it justice!)

IMG_7341.JPG

IMG_7344.JPG

IMG_7346.JPG

Last of the wrinkle...I think!

IMG_7347.JPG

First part to go back together!! New bearings pushed into hubs/knuckles

IMG_7349.JPG

IMG_7350.JPG

Got most of the front electrics cleaned up and tubed

IMG_7352.JPG

IMG_7355.JPG

IMG_7358.JPG