SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

The only thing I hate about this car is that I don't own it. You lived up to the name of the thread and even exceeded it, definitely a once in a life time

Thank you kind Sir!!! Always great to hear the feedback Brett, thanks again mate

Asking price ?? lol

must admit I was sceptical on day1 and baulked at the Thread topic, but big Props to you - 1 of A

built to order/.suit - that's what I really appreciate. It's how YOU wanted it.

Just want to see it in the flesh and even 'out n bout' MORE photo's........

Haha yeah man I knew the thread title would get some attention and take some living up to!!

Thanks heaps Richard. Exactly mate, BUILT NOT BOUGHT, you guys are looking at my DREAM being realised

2014 will be the year our (Dad and I) very own Godzilla is reborn!

Last of the photos...................for now

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

• 1 month later...

This car is massively awesome. Well done mate.

Cheers Ravi, appreciate that.

Well there has been pretty much zero progress for the last two months as I have been away travelling. After eating, sleeping and breathing this build for 18 months straight it was good to get away from it all!

Saying that I got back on the weekend and haven't wasted any time getting back into it.Lots of little things to finish off over the next few weeks and have fingers crossed that I will be able to go for that first drive this time next month :D

Im so excited knowing your back and updates are coming.

Also how good are decent holidays where you can leave Everything behind.

Ah thanks man! Will get the updates flowing asap. Really can't wait to get behind the wheel and see what we have created haha

They are fkn legit right?! Especially when you're able to get behind the wheel of a Ferrari F430 GT race car :w00t:

Beautiful car.

Just curious about the front towhook, how did you mount it?

Thanks Jimmy. Link is below, it bolts through the OEM tow hook which is welded to the chassis rail. You can also unscrew the red look/hook part from the mounting section! They are a nice bit of gear...

http://www.rhdjapan....r32-bcnr33.html

Awesome build man, Turned out 110% better then expected.

Especially love the engine bay colours etc. Hopefully the roads

up there are gentle on the beauty.

Thanks heaps Kyle, yep definitely exceeded my own expectations. Yeah me too, I but now I refer to the engine bay as my 'work of art' lol

Roads aren't the best but she won't see them all that much and only when the sun is out!!

• Like 1

Well done mate! You should take it to a Nissan dealership and show them that it's cleaner than anything they've had through their showroom!

Only thing I would personally change is the wheels, but that said, they are not bad, and do definitely give it a unique look, so good in that regard!

:worship:

• Like 1

Well done mate! You should take it to a Nissan dealership and show them that it's cleaner than anything they've had through their showroom!

Only thing I would personally change is the wheels, but that said, they are not bad, and do definitely give it a unique look, so good in that regard!

:worship:

Ha cheers Jeremy. I am happy with the wheels for now...they are a great fit and I love the stance they give the car.

I have not yet seen any other wheels in the exact same size/offset...always open to suggestions!

Brake booster had to come out as there was a leak somewhere, has now been rebuilt and should go back in this week

DSC_0860.JPG

Filters off to helicoil the aluminium adaptor plates

DSC_0841.JPG

Noticed a bit of smoke coming from front manifold after initial runs, coolant line had been sitting on the manifold heat shield :(

Will replace with new hose and heat shielding

DSC_0838.JPG

Set of OEM front belts cleaned up ready to go in

DSC_0855.JPG

Testing out harness (for events/track). Has anyone come across any plastic inserts for the oval in the OEM seat (to stop harness rubbing on material)??

Nismo did make them but have been discontinued for a long long time now as far as I know...

DSC_0847.JPG

Where is everyone's extinguisher mounted?? I was thinking here up on trans tunnel..?

DSC_0850.JPG

Boot finished

DSC_0835.JPG

• Like 1

IF you get bored of doing your car you can spend some time on mine :yes: Loving your work. Made it look a shit ton easier than it was. My mind is blown at the attention to detail for the engine bay. Something im only just starting to work on.

• Like 1

Cheers for wheel input Michael and Damien, appreciate it.

And thanks heaps to Tim and James for the heaps up on the extinguisher mount, it should arrive this week :yes:

As if the wheels in the car don't look the bomb. They have the good balance of stance and performance.

:blush: Cheers Bryce, liking them even more now car is finally on the road! THAT STANCE :wub:

IF you get bored of doing your car you can spend some time on mine :yes: Loving your work. Made it look a shit ton easier than it was. My mind is blown at the attention to detail for the engine bay. Something im only just starting to work on.

Haha thanks Anthony, ah yes the hours upon hours of work and nothing is easy right!? Everything takes 5 times longer than you hoped/thought...

Ah that engine bay...such a labour of love! Massive job and just not possible without the guidance/skills of my boss mechanic. All the best with yours mate.

Was absolutely flat out all weekend getting car ready to test drive for Sunday. We got there in the end and it was a massive success!!!

Finished up about 10 am Sunday and drove her off the hoist for a quick wash. Hit the road around lunch and headed for the local BP to fill up with a tank of Ultimate. Wheel alignment was pretty decent considering done by sight..

First issue was aircon not working, never a good thing in Brissy. Rolled around mechanics place and he diagnosed it was just inside air temp sensor unplugged :worship: . Plugged her in and all good, crisp cold air all day

Second issue, a weird knock noise in the front left only. One of those annoying things that has been impossible to pin point so far :rant:

Other than that she was a dream to drive, all those beautiful sounds and everything working well. Was so flat out making it happen had zero time for photos and video, hopefully this coming weekend.

Can't wait to see. Congrats on the effort again.

a set of these wouldn't go to badly in your car....

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-pvc-leather-type-seat-cover-set-skyline-gt-r-bnr32.html

ill be throwing a set in mine in the coming months.

Edited by Anfanee

Excellent build thread, car looks brand new and super clean.

Sorry if you dont mind me asking, what footrest metal plate is that? My car has three vspec 2 pedals but my footrest is still plastic.

Hope the small issues arent too difficult for you to address and enjoy the car.

Can't wait to see. Congrats on the effort again.

a set of these wouldn't go to badly in your car....

http://www.rhdjapan.com/nismo-pvc-leather-type-seat-cover-set-skyline-gt-r-bnr32.html

ill be throwing a set in mine in the coming months.

Thanks mate. Yeh did see them a while ago but had already gone with the full suede. Nice, would be keen to have a look in the flesh one day

Love the build man and has given me many ideas for my mini gtr resto I'm doing at the moment. Even gave my box a coat.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1393242056.367076.jpg

Great to hear Luke! Nice box mate :woot: looks clean. You going to clear it?

And where's your thread....?

Can truly appreciate the effort that has gone into this! Keep it up mate, fantastic

Cheers Joseph, sooooooo much effort mate! Coming up 2 years in 2 weeks time. Fkn hard to believe sometimes, just endless hours in it :/

Excellent build thread, car looks brand new and super clean.

Sorry if you dont mind me asking, what footrest metal plate is that? My car has three vspec 2 pedals but my footrest is still plastic.

Hope the small issues arent too difficult for you to address and enjoy the car.

Thanks heaps Aaron. Yeh she is tight

Na mate, all good. Footrest is legit right, such a good size and matches pedals nicely. It's from RHD Japan but can't seem to find it on their site now?

Brand is Okuyama or Dash (think they are same thing...?). All going good so far thanks again

Been waiting a long time for some of these bits, finally :thumbsup:

DSC01924.JPG

DSC01926.JPG

DSC_0877.JPG

DSC_0879.JPG

Few other bits

DSC01927.JPG

DSC01921.JPG

DSC01929.JPG

DSC_0875.JPG