SAU Community

Formula 1 2013

dezz

If they were the only two other people in the room I think I would prefer to sit back and have nothing to do with them

Lol.... pretty much

Sucks being out at work while races are on. Only just got to watch it this morning, 2 years in a row I've missed watching my favourite race of the year :(

Sad to see Kimi end his awesome points/race finish streak

Getting sick of Vettel running away with every race now.

Martin Whitmarsh believes Kimi Raikkonen is determined to move away from Lotus and also revealed McLaren held discussions with the Finn last year.

Asked if they had ever considered re-signing the Finn, Whitmarsh told the official F1 website: "Yes, we have. Kimi has always been great and I am a big fan of him. There is a lot of speculation out there at the moment, so let's see what happens.

He added: "I probably shouldn't be, but I'm completely open - last year we had talks with him, but for various reasons it didn't happen. This year we've had no talks - yet."

As for where Raikkonen will end up, Whitmarsh said: "Obviously Kimi is determined to go somewhere else and I sense that he will not succeed in that goal, so let's see how he gets on there."

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8892110/McLaren-talked-to-Kimi-over-2013-seat

Asked if they had ever considered re-signing the Finn, Whitmarsh told the official F1 website: "Yes, we have. Kimi has always been great and I am a big fan of him. There is a lot of speculation out there at the moment, so let's see what happens.

He added: "I probably shouldn't be, but I'm completely open - last year we had talks with him, but for various reasons it didn't happen. This year we've had no talks - yet."

As for where Raikkonen will end up, Whitmarsh said: "Obviously Kimi is determined to go somewhere else and I sense that he will not succeed in that goal, so let's see how he gets on there."

purely for my own entertainment, i sort of want him at the fuzz just to watch fernando's mind meltdown

everybody is too comfortable at the moment, let gets some of these guys freaking out a little

You have to like their chances of being one of the 3 strongest teams next year. They have had a tech re-shuffle which should have cleared the decks which along with a poor 2013 will allow a good run at the 2014 car

Plus, I doubt Perez or Button are getting the most out of the 2013 car. History shows Perez cant qualify and nor can Button and 4 weekends out of 5 Button can't get everything out of the car...so granted car isnt great but doubt its as bad as the results suggest

That seems odd..... Hasnt Martin Brundle driven one of the Red Bull cars (not sure which year it was from) and I'm pretty sure he would be a bit 'wider' then Dan. The new car cant be THAT much wider then the older cars

The amount all F1 drivers train I wouldnt think that this would be an issue for Dan...

I think if Webber can fit, Dan should be able to fit. I'm aware its going to be a new car that Mark wont really have anything to do with but looking at the two of them, they dont look that different at all in build. I would say Dan is probably smaller if anything

More and more chatter about the kimi move back to the red team

Maaaan, I can't wait to see the old hysterical victimised spaniard back!

I hope after this year when vettel steps all over his dreams, he sticks it to him again for the 5th year in a row. Can ferrari absorb all that is hurricane fernando?!

Only 2014 can tell!! What a great silly season