SAU Community

Formula 1 2013

dezz

Vettel is cleanng up his new rubber latex bondage suit and rubbing his hands and peanut sack and loving the fact he has another aussie to ram his 3inch knob into.

Big mistake for Dan. He is now the new official Barrichello.

Would much rather have seen Kimi there as he would have floored the little top bloke vetstool.

Off to Japan F1 next month. Will be boring as hell but I only go for the beer and Japanese candy.

So many writing off Dan before he has even lined up for a single practice session in the same car on the same weekend. I am not convinced it has been done purely because the expectation is that he will be a lap dog.

I think he has real pace...if RBR wanted to make their lives easy they would have canned Webber 2 years ago and put in any number of drivers like Di Resta, Hulkm an STR Jr etc. Webber has tried to give as good as he has taken and the team has hardly been harmonious whilst he and Seb have been battling.

I think its too presumptious to think that RBR want a lap dog and No.2 by definition. If Dan cant keep pace then he will be a No. 2 by default not by design. The other big reason why I think they need to put someone who will put it up Vettel is that by the end of his cotnract he will have been there 7 years! I think he will be looking for a change/challenge (provided the other team is competitive like mercedes or Ferrari) if he gets bored at RBR. And a young guy beating him will keep him interested and motivated.

Kimi, based on his behaviour at Ferrari doesnt always stay all that motivated when things are not going to plan

So many writing off Dan before he has even lined up for a single practice session in the same car on the same weekend. I am not convinced it has been done purely because the expectation is that he will be a lap dog.

I think he has real pace...if RBR wanted to make their lives easy they would have canned Webber 2 years ago and put in any number of drivers like Di Resta, Hulkm an STR Jr etc. Webber has tried to give as good as he has taken and the team has hardly been harmonious whilst he and Seb have been battling.

I think its too presumptious to think that RBR want a lap dog and No.2 by definition. If Dan cant keep pace then he will be a No. 2 by default not by design. The other big reason why I think they need to put someone who will put it up Vettel is that by the end of his cotnract he will have been there 7 years! I think he will be looking for a change/challenge (provided the other team is competitive like mercedes or Ferrari) if he gets bored at RBR. And a young guy beating him will keep him interested and motivated.

Kimi, based on his behaviour at Ferrari doesnt always stay all that motivated when things are not going to plan

Depends on how much Tool can dictate terms to RBR doesnt it? Hoping Dan is like Webber in respect to not putting up with sh!t from anyone. Hoping he is not like him in terms of being able to get a car off the line.

Fingers crossed it goes well. Because other than some young bloke by the name of Brabham I cant think of where the next Orstraylian GP driver would come from.

Depends on how much Tool can dictate terms to RBR doesnt it? Hoping Dan is like Webber in respect to not putting up with sh!t from anyone. Hoping he is not like him in terms of being able to get a car off the line.

Fingers crossed it goes well. Because other than some young bloke by the name of Brabham I cant think of where the next Orstraylian GP driver would come from.

it looks like he's focusing on indy.

for now anyway.

I'm not writing Dan off before he's started, but the facts are these:

Dan is not outscoring his current team mate. Not last year, and again this year. I don't think the three, soon to be four time WDC will be terribly worried in terms of the championship.

Dan appears to be a good qualifier. Problem is, Webber was also regarded as a very good qualifier... I wouldn't rate Dan as better than Webber in that regard. Maybe he'll prove that wrong, but I don't think so.

Webber is also a very good racer. I would definitely rate Webber's racecraft and race pace as significantly better than Dan's.

Dan does have one thing on his side, and that's the potential to improve.

Edited by hrd-hr30

Roy I'm knocking Dans ability but with Dietrich and Helmet head at the reigns and a German World Champ then Dan needs to learn how to say woof !.

Hope it's a different scenario but after 30 plus years of following F1 just looks the same old same old , just a different lap dog.