SAU Community

Formula 1 2013

dezz

So Sky re grilling Horner and Newey about Markcs comments to Ch10...their response " not sure of any driver who is signing drivers for a team'. I see why they say Horner could replace Bernie as he seems to love the politics

And when racing the same cars on same piece of track and traffic...Dan does one over on Jev

on much newer, softer compound tyres...

would have been something wrong if he couldn't pass him in those circumstances.

Edited by hrd-hr30
  • Like 1

on much newer, softer compound tyres...

would have been something wrong if he couldn't pass him in those circumstances.

HUH? Jesus...its pretty straight forward. They started 18 and 19. No safety car or major number of cars dropping out and Dan beat him by a few places and to 10th and 1 point

The fact that Dan went longer on his first set of tyres and had more life in his tyres at the end of the race is a credit to him..its not like he got a free set of tyres levitated onto his car for no time penalty of being in the pits!!!

• Like 1

Jesus! :P "the same piece of track" made me think you were talking about the pass...

Vergne had a slow puncture in the last stint as well, so can't really say it was a straight up head-to-head race. And it was two places, not a few. And guess who's stil got more points :P

Edited by hrd-hr30

Daniel Ricciardo Hard (16) Medium (17) Medium (11)

Jean-Eric Vergne Medium (10) Medium (14) Hard (20)

So, slow leak it wasnt bad enough to pit him despite the claim that it was from the start the last session. He did 20 laps on them. So Dans strategy if he had lived with him for the first two stints was always going to help with using the faster tyre at the end on low tank

Also, if you look at the pace of Jev's 3rd stint its basically the same as hist first stint (like many others) vs Dan who obviously had a load more pace on the newer tyres.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/08/25/2013-belgian-grand-prix-lap-charts/

Has not always been the case between them but Dan definitely had the better race pace

yep, STR split their strategies and Dans worked out better. Seems to me it's always better to finish on the softer tyre if you are going to be in the pack though. Finishing with a long stint on primes is just asking to be passed by people finishing on fresh options.

Yeh, the two medium stints up front seemed odd. Perhaps they were banking on a safety car to catch him up doing the long stint last. Keeping a casual eye on their respective pace Dans opening stint on hards was equal to Jev on the softs so doesnt appear the STR had the pace to clear cars early on.

Estaban seemed to finally show something this race. Lets hope he can kick on and consolidate as he has lacked even those moments of some promise.

Roy; Turn 1 definitely for Singapore! highly recommended.

although Singapore is pretty good with GA viewing points also.

i posted some pics from my trip there last year if you're bothered to go back and search.

• Like 1