SAU Community

Factory Boost Gauge Constantly Reading 0?

seanjohn

Hi everyone,

I have searched for threads all over google to try and find the answer to this. I already have an aftermarket boost gauge set up in my 33 gtst, however I am almost certain when I purchasing the car, which was most likely about a month ago that the factory boost gauge was "working". By working I mean that when I turn the ignition, the gauge will start up and sit at zero and move up and down when I am on or off boost. However when I am driving the gauge does not move what so ever but does move up to zero when I turn the ignition. It is if is the gauge has power but it is not sensing boost. Could the sensor have been removed when the aftermarket boost gauge was fitted? This is my first turbo car and I do have lack of knowledge, which I am working on :).

Thanks

Sean

Follow the factory black hose.

It should connect to the black box which is the factory boost sensor. When installing an aftermarket boost gauge, a T-piece is used in between. Check whats happening there.

P1010013.jpg

If the black box is getting an ok vacuum/boost supply then it could be a dry joint on the plug inside of it. Try removing the lid of the boost sensor and check the soldering it could be black and dry. Run a soldering iron over it and remelt the solder.

Rekin, thank you so much that thin hose was my problem. It wasn't connected to the piece underneath the black box. I hadn't noticed this because when I had a quick look around, I saw that hose was just heading down but didn't realise it was detached.

Thanks anyway Tommy :)

Rekin, thank you so much that thin hose was my problem. It wasn't connected to the piece underneath the black box. I hadn't noticed this because when I had a quick look around, I saw that hose was just heading down but didn't realise it was detached.

Thanks anyway Tommy :)

no probs, glad to hear it was an easy fix.