SAU Community

Stag Cutting Out?

twins777

hey guys,

I have recently pulled the stag apart and detailed the engine bay, and put it all back together on the wkend it started first shot no worries but when I accelerate and take my foot off the gas the car struggles to idle and cuts out sometimes.. I removed the plenum, throttle body, rocker covers etc.. just wondering if anyone has had this problem at all.. any info would be great..

cheers guys

Did u plug ur idle control solenoid back in? Double check all plugs and hoses that you touched and even stuff u didn't, it's posible u left something undone or knocked it loose. If it only started playing up after u touched it then there is a 99% chance it's something u have done

hey guys,

thanks for the reply's.. I have looked over the car every where.. maybe I put vacume line on in a different spot somewhere but pretty sure there all back in the same spot hopefully.. :( the only vacume line that I wasn't sure of is the one under the bov??

hey,

really I've had this on here for over a year and never had a problem.. only until I pulled the car apart.. it doesn't do it all the time only when u boot it and take your foot off and stop sometimes it cuts out..

hey guys,

I put my standard bov back on and the car still cut out after u gas it and take ur foot off doesn't do it when free revving.. does anyone know how to reset the ECU and will it affect my nistune..

cheers guys

hey,

yeah my car drops to bout 500rpm then cuts out at low speed.. running rich too.. drove it in triptronic mode doesn't seem as bad.. prob have to go back to the tuner and get a diagnostic done on it to see what is wrong..

Its not the BOV; the BOV story rings some truth but its right up there with coilpacks being the fix for 90% of problems according to the forums...theres likely still an underlying issue.

Definitely find the tutorial and give the AAC valve a clean. Made a big difference when we had low speed/snap throttle closed stall issues with our S1. Curiously replacing the O2 sensor also helped, though ours appeared to be the original item.