SAU Community

Possible Steering Lock Issue?

OMG513

Hey guys i'm having some issues starting up my 08 gtr and wanted to get some help. Obvious first check was the battery, got the multimeter on it and shows good charge so probably not the battery. The car ignition won't even come on so it won't kick over. Did some searching through the forums and so i've found out about the common steering lock issue with earlier models =(

Anyway thought i'd try dropping steering rack unplugging the steering lock unit, clean it and re plugged it. Still nothing.

I don't have an OBDII reader so got an electrician to come out, he plugged his scanner in and it came out with steer lock reset id - now he reckons I need the original password to unlock it to get the car started?

What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Ken

Quick update: Electrician called me back and said it's most likely my steering lock unit is faulty.

Have any of you guys replaced the steering lock unit? Since its a Jap model would ordering american parts still fit up fine?

And would you guys recommend any oem nissan parts sellers in America?

Everthingnissan,com seem to have these two part numbers available 48700–JF00C & 2x 48703–06F0A which i think is needed but have never tried purchasing from them.

Thanks

Cheers thanks for the contact mate

Final update:

It was the steering lock unit. After a pain in the arse taking it out and replacing it everything works normal. Just hope it dosent do it again.