SAU Community

A.c.t. Want To Buy Thread

I'm selling a R33 for a mate series 2 R33 white with all receipts from import to today's date,
front mount intercooler, pod and exhaust is only engine mods, with aftermarket shocks and springs.
sitting on enkei rp001. easily pass rwc + can supply one upon sale.
100k km on the clock with timing belt and pumps all done.

Price dropped from 12k down to 10k
not too sure about 8k =/

Jez I know your going to be VERY cautious this time and have it checked over top down, bottom up.

Will sour you for life on skylines if you get a lemon after the orange.

8k for a 33 should get you a grade 4.5. Buyers market not a sellers.

If you find one make an offer your comfortable with and walkaway. Do not negotiate !

Take someone experienced with you when you check them out.

If you can afford it and NRMA still do it pay for a written report ($300).

If the seller has issues with you doing this then walk away. They know of something they are not telling you.

Old saying

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me
  • Like 1

Thanks Richard,

In the sense of grade 4.5 is that out of 10 or 5? Tbh, I want a fairly clean car and have put a bit more cash towards a R33 so I'm buying a more cleaner one rather than a lemon. I have heard of the NRMA $300 report and I think I'll fork out the money to get one given that if I get anther lemon..I'd probably walk away from the Skyline scene. I was pretty destroyed after finding Helga was to be quite the lemon. 2nd time round I'm bringing all the help I can get before purchasing.

That old saying is very spot on.

IMO, 8k is too much for a R33. There might be a guy selling for 5.5k in Gungahlin (R33, Ohlins, piggyback, FMIC, Catback, low Kms). I haven't been out there in a while. I made a lower offer but he got back to me after I bought 2x R32's for even less haha.

4.5 is out of 5 being brand new. $8k will get you shmick.

As Eiji said they can be had for around $6k and with good mods in pretty good condition. Eiji is good at finding deals :yes:

32's go for more than 33's :yes: now days.

• Like 1