SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

• 2 weeks later...

Just feel I should mention my $4000 "learning excircise" Evo themselves put me through. I will never ever receomend that workshop to anyone.

Anyhow, if anyone needs a WOLF3d tune, HP Race Engine here were involved in the development of the version 4+. I know lots of people "bag" the old Wolf, however I'm very happy with the power, tourque and adjustability.

i am pretty sure ozzy tyres has a good rep i have heard alot about there stores in sydney and i think melbourne too. I went in and had a look on the dyno day they actually had some nice rims on the wall... as well as alot of ugly chrome ones :D

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone lend a hand helping me find a place to do a manual conversion to my stagea? everything from skylines just bolts in, but i don't have the time/tools to get it done

So if anyone knows of a place that could help me out that would be appreciated

Ed at Integra could do it... hes become quite accustomed to pulling gearboxes from GTR's, I dont think the Stagea will be much different... if he swears at you though dont take it to heart, its a prick of a job :P

Edited by Amaru

Again, this is just the truth.

During late 2003 I got a quote from EVO to get some work done (Front mount, pump, regulator - the usual), looked ok and I thought I'd get it done (before I found the forums).

Early 2004, I dropped my car in the get fixed and tuned.

When I picked my car up it had rubber in the rear gaurds. I was pretty suss of that, and wasn't offered an explination other than it must have been me.

They told me it had 176 kws (flywheel) which I doubt, it was running WORSE than before.

I was charged $500 more than my quote, which was not explained.

Then, on the way home my boost controller blows (power down, no lights). Im going WTF?? Get home, find there is no gromet for the wiring. Its of course shorted. My overpriced boost controller is now dead, and I'm up for another $500.

Get it on a hoist, no hi flow cat that I paid for, although mine had been gutted. Was charged $400 for this. They were not happy that I found this, and claimed it was a hiflow. I had to turn up at the shop with mates and more or less standover them to get the part. No ok at all.

Oh, also left 3 boost leaks, Boost gauge stopped working after 2 weeks.

It caused a rethink of the way I wanted to make power, however it wasn't a cheap lesson.

I essentally payed over $4000 for an intercooler, feul pump and regulator, service and expensive plugs.

***Update***

Also, the the RevFest (october 2005) I ran the Dyno comp, an R32 GTR in metalflake blue turned up fresh from its dyno tune at Evo. A few people had talked it up, saying it was making around 280rwkws, and he wanted to back it up here (he would been a possible class winner).

HP has a Dyno Dynamics Dyno that was in shootout mode. I admit the day was a bit warm (around 29 - 31ish). Out of 3 runs it made a best of 240ish HORSEPOWER at the wheels (around 190kws). I've never seen anyone just look so sad, it was what I looked like when evo ripped me off. the guy just kinda left - and I havn't run into him to see what happend - but he paid quiet a bit of money from what he was saying.

I honestly would hate to see any other SAUer go through what EVO put me through, and to do in their cash like I did. I hope Chris and the other workers from Evo see this one day and know that I'm their worst sales rep ever, and will never stop baging that place.

Rant out.

Ed at Integra could do it... hes become quite accustomed to pulling gearboxes from GTR's, I dont think the Stagea will be much different... if he swears at you though dont take it to heart, its a prick of a job  :)

I actually went and had a chat to him yesterday, he's keen to do it so long as i get the parts.

told me he's thinking of selling the forester and getting a manual stagea, i think i turned him

Hey Dude, I recently bought an r33 skyline too..... I had to get a new motor put into it and a few other mods done.....The best place I have found, that is also a reasonable price is at C & J Car All Make at the Garren Mobil on Robson st in Garren. Go and see Joe and Charlie....those guys are awesome with skylines.....

As i'm sure many of you are aware, i will soon be the proud owner of an R33 Series II. I live in the Tuggeranong area and was wondering where i should go to get my car serviced, who is recommended and more importantly who to keep away from. I heard the mechanic at EVO motorsport is pretty good, does anyone here use him?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome Richie$Rich haven't seen you on the forums before mate.The post you quoted above has a May 2004 date on it :D.

As per other posts in this thread I'm not impressed with EVO at all. Stay away from them unless you like heartache and throwing away cash.

I heard Fast and Furious moved? Where are they now? I need the clock in my dash fixed and also the A/C "clack-clack" problem fixed. I'm not worried about being ripped off cos it'll be under warranty (at least, I think I'm safe?! lol), but do they at least do a decent job? or do they joy-ride n stuff like everyone says EVO do? I read somewhere that they were moving to a better premises to be taken more seriously as a workshop...