SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

Can anyone lend some assistance for a good gearbox reconditioner? i've just received my R33 GTR gearbox from japland and would like to have it looked over before i go ahead and stick it in my stagea. any help appreciated guys

Be warned that if any of the sleeves need replacing they are shit expensive to rebuild (over $2000) as you need to upgrade to R33 GTR Series 3 specs as its all Nissan sell now.

Giving the synchros a freshen up will probably run you about $600 - $1000 as you also need to upgrade to the Series 3 R33 GTR ones.

i don't want anything done to it at the moment unless its absolutely neccessary. all i want is someone to look it over, make sure it won't die as soon as i put it in and that's all. it's only done 80,000km, so i don't expect too much damage, but again it depends on how it was driven.

Also, i couldn't find anywhere called advanced transmissions in mitchell, have they moved recently? yellowpages saisd they're on hoksins st, but i went up and down it at least 3 times and couldn't find them.

PM me if you want to know a place NOT to go to for auto transmissions.

Also, I've heard plenty of good things about Advanced Transmissions.....they're kind just off Hoskins and in a little complex thing from memory.

Whooopsies.....I thought you meant you were fixing up the auto in the Stag.

I had to re-read to see that you've got a manual box......ooooeeee spill the goss!!

i don't want anything done to it at the moment unless its absolutely neccessary. all i want is someone to look it over, make sure it won't die as soon as i put it in and that's all. it's only done 80,000km, so i don't expect too much damage, but again it depends on how it was driven.

Also, i couldn't find anywhere called advanced transmissions in mitchell, have they moved recently? yellowpages saisd they're on hoksins st, but i went up and down it at least 3 times and couldn't find them.

bear in mind they are a bastard to dissassemble so it's likely to cost you a bit anyway.

Since we're on the topic of gearbox/transmissions, does this Advanced transmissions place do conversions? i've got all my bits to do the conversion, just don't have the time/tools to do it myself

did you find them, they are up on the corner behing some buildings really hard to find, should have told you that sorry. Leshy.

Nup, not yet. i haven't really had a chance to get up there again. i think my transmission needs a service anyway so i'll hit 2 birds with one stone

hey guys

just wondering on a good power stearing place to take my 32 gts4 to it been leaking power stearing fluid for a bout 2 weeks now and has just started to get worse.

thanks

guys

Dan

Leshy, Ben at Intune did my manual conversion for the FTO in a couple of days for a reasonable price. He's a great guy.

Give him a call and see what he has to say.