SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

thanks. i've had Ed say he'd give it a go, but i figured a dedicated transmission shop might be able to do it and know what do to if it doesn't work, like tricks of the trade and such. i don't doubt Ed could do it, but he might take a bit longer.

i've run out of cash anyway, need the all important clutch and flywheel still. if anyone has a spare cheap RB25 flywheel lying around give me a yell

Can anyone help me with getting a sunroof installed? i know i've already got 2, but you can never have too many.

actually it's for a mate, not a skyline. just looking for general prices, where the best places/brand are etc. if anyone can help me out let me know, cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a wheel alignment done around belconnen? I had one done a little bit ago by bob jane and they did a pisspoor job, so stuffed if the car's going back there :/

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a wheel alignment done around belconnen? I had one done a little bit ago by bob jane and they did a pisspoor job, so stuffed if the car's going back there :/

I recommend going to Discount Tyres Belconnen or Gungahlin, where Marc should be able to help out. He is a Stagea owner, and I get all my work done there. Good, reliable service and easy to deal with. :thumbsup:

Ok, whats Capital Steering like? They are the Tein agents.

Just looking at converting my HA's to handle a edfc etc

Stupid bl##dy agents [Fulcrum] don't have a contact email so I can't ask them. And I didn't email tein jp, I'll leave that as a last resort.

I waded through 5 pages of this thread and couldn't find anything, I did a search and it came up blank even used wildcards and still nothing.

Ok, whats Capital Steering like? They are the Tein agents.

Just looking at converting my HA's to handle a edfc etc

Stupid bl##dy agents [Fulcrum] don't have a contact email so I can't ask them. And I didn't email tein jp, I'll leave that as a last resort.

I waded through 5 pages of this thread and couldn't find anything, I did a search and it came up blank even used wildcards and still nothing.

I have used Capital and the job was ordianary. They couldn't do my 32 properly (at the time).

A suggestion is Chris at In-Line in qbyn. He's a Whiteline reseller but does a good job. When is generally the issue.

BTW he races at Wakefield in his 350 so its not like he's not experienced.

Scooby uses a guy who he swears by for suspension and steering. I cant remember his name but you Could PM him for Info.

Thanks mate, I'm umming and arring about whether to get them through Fulcrum and CSteering [aussie agents] etc or Nengun. If Capital Steering had been OK I may have used them. But I reckon Nengun will get my $$$ and then I'll find out how it all works.

Are you motoring yet???

• 1 month later...
You'd better baby it for a while then, shorter runs with good cool down periods [not hard this time of year].

Better put a block of wood under the go pedal, just in case you get carried away.

Honestly, these days, if i was getting an engine rebuilt i'd get it run in as well (half a day on a dyno i think, can't quite remember) - i know if you've gone and had the driveline done as well its not going to help you, but getting everything bedded in and whatnot before you throw it in a car.

Now for my question.

Pre-Dickson checkup on my R33 GTST.

Belconnen would be nice (as it seems i'm posted out here alot), but really anywhere will do if they are trustworthy. I want the lot looked at, suspension, engine, ancilliaries etc.

Honestly, these days, if i was getting an engine rebuilt i'd get it run in as well (half a day on a dyno i think, can't quite remember) - i know if you've gone and had the driveline done as well its not going to help you, but getting everything bedded in and whatnot before you throw it in a car.

Now for my question.

Pre-Dickson checkup on my R33 GTST.

Belconnen would be nice (as it seems i'm posted out here alot), but really anywhere will do if they are trustworthy. I want the lot looked at, suspension, engine, ancilliaries etc.

take it to just about any of the work shops shown in this thread. Trojan / Ed / National Automotative In Mitchel.

I personally like the RB74 pads i run them on slotted rotors and find when they are warm they pull up really well... only downside is that at times they squeel like little girls :huh: usually only when they have received a bit of glazing on the rotors.

Apparently Bendix Ultimates aren't that crash hot, so i'm after Quality Pads for Street Use, where to buy em, and what i should look at brand/model wise?

advice fellas?

I've got RB74's as well, as Leigh said, when they're warm they haul a car down pretty bloody hard.

Though I've come to the conclusion that they're probably a bit too hot a pad for street use, and as such you hardly get maximum performance out of them, and thus they'll shorten the life of your rotors as they're rock hard when cold and will start to chew the rotors up.

Frink got a set of (f**king brilliant) pads from Chris at Inline, I'll ask him what they are. Though I think they're hot track pads as well.