SAU Community

Where to get Skyline Serviced

My god. If they had left the windows open in my car i would have refused to pay them, and on top of that i would have taken them to court to replace the ruined interior. I feel for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a good workshop to take my VY Commodore to? It needs the cooling system checked properly, there is a problem where the temperatures changes erratically. I've taken it to my normal mechanic who usually only changes my gearbox oil, they can't find what's wrong with it and I don't want to pay them hours more labour. There are 3 'Natrad' workshops in Canberra, has anyone had any experience with these guys?

I ended up leaving it with my normal mechanic for a new radiator, didn't want to risk driving it home on a hot day to change the radiator myself. Costly, but even more costly if I drove it home and cracked the head gasket or something.

Cheers for the recommendations guys!

went to Woden Tyre and exhaust because my rear wheels studs were screwed was charged $290 for replacing just the rears.Took my car in and told me i come back after 2 hours then i came back to be told wont be able to take my car back home because they didnt have any studs left how inconviencing you would think that they check for parts before accepting jobs.Arrived next day to a $315 bill, they did a good job but that just overpriced imo.

:/

Post in here and ask first and someone will give you the lattest on the shop.

Strange you should mention that shop. Was bagging it today with a mate.

A good shop will book it in when they get the parts in or get the parts the same day.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems that recommendations change pretty quick.

I need a full tune on my R32 GTR.That is, throttle adjustments, timing (CAS has been out), chekc O2 sensors, AFM working OK etc.

Someone that knows R32 GTRs.

I don't have a lot of cash, so I want a good job at a good price.

Im in Belco. Any suggestions?

I don't think they change much at all. Everyone has their own opinion and the range of shops hasn't really changed.

Suggest you talk to some of the usual suspects listed in here in terms of workshop and see who you feel most comfortable with.

Having a 32 GTR and "I don't have a lot of cash" not really something that goes well together :)

Once heard someone say you need to be able to afford 2 GTR's to own one

Whats your ECU? can help with who you choose locally.

$1200 + for full tune starting from scratch.

ESP, Trojan, Autotech and Ultimate tunes are your main local Skyline Tuners.

I perfer Glen at ESP and I have a Haltech.

My ECU is stock, but has a flashed JDM chip (stage 3 or soemthing on a sticker on it), mods are steel wheel ball bearing turbos, cat back, HKS pods (which Id prefer to ditch for apexi suction but they are too expensive even 2nd hand).

Waas 176kw ATW

I do have a Power FC with boost controller brand new sitting in a box though.....

Would consdier towing it to Sydney for the right mechanic...

Im getting my GTR tuned by Ult tunes early Jan. Ill let you know how it goes when it does get done... expecting probably 330 ish around that mark. But im going to get a very safe tune. 1 Engine rebuild is enough for me lol....

You can pretty much take you pick from anywhere with powerfc. I have heard good things about glenn at ESP and Autotech in hume for local stuff.

I got my nistune done by jez on the central coast, bloke is deadset legend and knows his way around any skylines. Pretty sure it cost me around $700-800 for my full tune including setting up the boost control, checking the CAS/timing and everything.

Edited by Mitcho_7

Im getting my GTR tuned by Ult tunes early Jan. Ill let you know how it goes when it does get done... expecting probably 330 ish around that mark. But im going to get a very safe tune. 1 Engine rebuild is enough for me lol....

I might add that last year i got my GTR dynod at autotech and it pulled 215KW as stock on 12psi. Before it went kaput.... my tune is costing $570 including the ECU install. i don't know if thats Ult tunes standard rate though as ive just spent close to 18k there....