SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Got the good soda blasting media. Now it works much better, i can control it.

It can be used to remove paint and not damage rubber, if its on low pressure and you use it carefully.

Taking paint off plastic without damage is much harder to do, if not near impossible. But you can carefully remove a layer at a time, leaving some primer over the plastic.

Because the new soda flows much better, i can turn the pressure right down (35psi) and it still works. This gives the control needed to clean those bits carefully.

Also theres a lot of work just to clean up and make sure the "skyline" in the rear bar is straight and neat, (how the fk am i going to buff the clear in there?) i might just fill it. Dont really like that kind of thing anyway. Little detail bits and grooves etc, just trap dirt and wax/polish, and only look good if they are all perfectly aligned and stuff. I think ill fill the grooves in the tail light surrounds for the same reasons.

Thinking about how the skirts and pods are just glued to the side of the car. I hate how sht that is and i might rivet or screw them on tight so theres no gap.

post-89755-0-63109500-1394076701_thumb.jpg

funny all that talk on fuel pumps :yes: must be that time of year ...

Walbro 450 ltr/ph, E85 compatible put in today, and only $200 for the pump and kit, cheering !

Fuel pressure gage next. Will make my life easier when doubting the fuel pressure being delivered.

Don't track as you know so Will wait a little while before cooler goes in. Was just hedging bets with this one. May go E85 soon.

Part of the reason I'm changing from Bosch 044 to Walbro GSS342 is the noise I get when the Fuel gets hot as I obviously don't Burn Enough of it.

Dark car, Hot Day, High Flow Rate Bosch = Buzzy Buzzy Bee.

Hopefully the Walbro is a little quieter in the same circumstances.

044 has only done around 10,000ks... Anyone wanna buy it? :D

I had bought a Nismo and handed it to a shop to install.

But looking at it after removing - it has no markings or indication of what sort of pump it is.

So the Nismo may have ended up somewhere with someone else. Too long ago to worry about.

Was noisy priming and when hot ran on, so may also have been a Bosch 044 - was time to go anyway.

Ps. I like your sig pic Rob.

Edited by Sinista32

Deatchwerks are the go for a painless fuel pump install. And they arent loud.

They fit exactly in the cradle and the wires are real good.

Just unsolder the old ones off the tank lid and solder the new ones on. They have the fuel proof insulation and a plug to go in the pump.

That company is cool as they make upgrade bits to fit like oem bits.

Agreed on the DW fuel pumps, a lot quieter than the walbro's..

Today finally got my front fender braces installed after shearing one of the nuts last weekend. Also installed TRD swaybar bushes, so they actually match my swaybars now. On the lookout for a new intercooler...

Edited by Scar

Don't track as you know so Will wait a little while before cooler goes in. Was just hedging bets with this one. May go E85 soon.

Would like to know what kind of cooler you decided on.

You always do a lot of good research on these things.

cryo2_diagram.jpg

Some serious gear. Would suit the Sinista. :thumbsup:

Thats the system i can find i think your talking about. I like the air chillers, what a cool idea. And how the leftover gas cools the intercooler is neat.

The others are return line fuel coolers and water/meth injection. Which keep temps under control, but not actually chilling it.

I cant find anything about how long a bottle will last on the CryO2 system, but there is the throttle switch option, which would save heaps of gas.

Seems to be more of a safety for the engine and a small power gain. Worth it for a well built RB26 $$$$$

On a 40 degree day this would be real peace of mind. And would out perform any other turbo car.

You could have a bit of fun with that... put a Nos cover on the bottle and have a purge line.... "Yeah man i got nitrous" :laugh:

Got Straight home from work and swapped back in my old rear Pedders shocks but with the NISMO springs on. (on the 33)

Passengers rear was leaking and starting to knock and wobble. :verymad:

2 rear shocks with spring change in an hour... Not bad? I think it took an hour and a half last time not including seat removal. :D

Also received an R31 one piece tailshaft in the post. (E-go) overnite from Melbourne. (less than 15 hours after paying for it) :woot:

Now to install...