SAU Community

Sau A.c.t. - What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

The old 32's aye.

Yeah, and when you use a multimeter it makes no sense.

I gave up and re wired it all. New head unit, parcel shelf, a big amp, and 4 160w 6x9's

The advantage of that is being able to use good quality cable.

Are the speakers totally fried?

The old 32's aye.

Yeah, and when you use a multimeter it makes no sense.

I gave up and re wired it all. New head unit, parcel shelf, a big amp, and 4 160w 6x9's

The advantage of that is being able to use good quality cable.

Are the speakers totally fried?

Yep the speaker cones have separated. If i was to rewire all the speakers then would it be ok to just heat shrink over the ends of the old unknown cables?

I spose... as long as everything else still works. :laugh:

Yeah thats what i did.

Mines ok, been good for a few years like that.

now you can find some treasures hidden under the carpet etc

I found empty .22 casings in one of my old cars. :blink:

Gaahhh fwaaaark :wacko:

I had then same problem with my stereo, tho its all arftermarket, as it was written off I didn't know who the owner was, and it had an amp in it, but took the amp, and left everything in a mess, it was a pain in the ass when I had to pull the headunit out to trace the all the wires going to the cross overs and speakers, took me about a day to get it all running back through the head unit, that was a pain in the ass, now the rca for the sub was replaced without soldering, time to pull out the subfrom the boot and solder it :) when I got the child restraints installed johns mate ( the other guy working at Trojan) broke my rear speaker connecters, some alpine r series f**ked... yet to mount them somewhere other then the parcel shelf, or somewhere on it keeping the restraints, any ideas ?

Today managed to get front and rear Nolathane Swaybar bushes on SkyWagon although it would seem that "Mr Nolathane" sent me 18mm bushes in a 27mm pack. :verymad:

So I sawed those f**kers up in Frustration and squeezed them on the stock 25mm swaybar. :rant:

"Mr Nolathane" is gonna cop a Grumpy Email the flamin mongrel!

Also some better condish (but not new) caster rod bushes went on.

Edit* then I discovered that when Therese drove the 33 this arvo, she managed to somehow lose the plastic ring that's normally around the ignition barrel. :spank:

Anyone got a spare?

Edit* then I discovered that when Therese drove the 33 this arvo, she managed to somehow lose the plastic ring that's normally around the ignition barrel. :spank:

Anyone got a spare?

Japanese import spares have heaps :)

http://www.japaneseimportspares.com.au/nissanskyliner33standardpartsinside/2

Mine didn't have a hole in it. :(

Orly? :/

Does the sedan one go around the barrel?

Edit: just read in your original post that you said ring that goes around barrel. So I'm confused haha :(

Edited by dontyellpl0x