SAU Community

F/s Winfield G T R

GTR-N1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is for sale for around 900K with trailer, spares and is in 100 percent restored and pristine condition.

This vehicle was valued by Motor magazine at over 1.3 million on it's own.

The most iconic car in Australian motorsport history is a bargain at 900k with all the bits that come with it.

It has been completely restored since it was last raced (apart from demo laps at the Skyline Nationals) by Ex Gibson people. It is simply - as good as it gets.

There should be no discussion on what it's worth. Because what it is being sold for is NOT what it's worth. It is worth much more. And if you have to enter a discussion on the price, you shouldn't. It is worth every penny. A beautiful piece of Australian motorsport history, that will have a guarantee of being a iron clad investment. There is only one car that changed Australian Motorsport History. This car IS the car that did that. 20 years later, it is still a force to be reckoned with.

I for one, am not in favour of the owner selling this car. For reasons that I won't go into here. Sad to see it go to anyone other than a collector in my opinion. The condition it is in now, will never be able to be replicated. Terry has always presented this car in a remarkable state, even when racing, but unless you have a $150k a year budget to maintain it like he has, you wouldn't ever want to race it.

I have used his race team for my DR30 as well, and this guy is amazing in his attention to detail.

I would hate to see this car belittled or discussed in a bad way on this forum. It truly is a work of art, and deserves all of our highest level of respect.

You mention his attention to detail Cazz.

Well there's another car that used to be owned by Terry; and now it's owned by an SAU Member.

One could tell that Terry was meticulous with this brand new "Personal Import" because 34,000Km later, it's still like brand new.

Attention to detail? It's in his makeup & it shows!

Lotto ticket purchased, If I win the lotto on Tuesday I would buy it and ask if "Gentalman Jim" could run it as the pace car next year at Bathurst yelling "YOU"RE A PACK OF ARSEHOLES" for old times sake.

Is that wrong?

I do hope it is still out and about the local traps, it would be ashame not to be able to see it at some events, It will ruin fathers day if it isn"t at the Muscle Car Masters.

You mention his attention to detail Cazz.

Well there's another car that used to be owned by Terry; and now it's owned by an SAU Member.

One could tell that Terry was meticulous with this brand new "Personal Import" because 34,000Km later, it's still like brand new.

Attention to detail? It's in his makeup & it shows!

That would be the R34 NUR? There are few in the world who can maintain a car like Terry Can. I'm glad it is still as good. I purchased his 6 year old Touareg from him last year, and everyone thought the car was brand new, despite having done 173,000 kays. Sad to say that I haven't maintained it the way he did, but I do try.

Lotto ticket purchased, If I win the lotto on Tuesday I would buy it and ask if "Gentleman Jim" could run it as the pace car next year at Bathurst yelling "YOU"RE A PACK OF ARSEHOLES" for old times sake.

I'd go and see that Mark!

Hehe...

download.jpg

Who owns the other Bathurst Skylines ?

There is Terry's car, One is in the Fox collection, and the GIO car is in Sydney, and races with the other GMS Grp A&C cars.

One was written off in Adelaide Grand Prix.

Apparently there was a Malaysian car too.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/205237-group-a-thread/

oh Benji.... next you'll ask the Japanese Auction grade.

There is very little factory car left mate. They went to the extent of casting their own suspension components. Why on earth would you risk trying to drive it on the road with all the idiots there.

Does the Car still run the original Chipped ECU? Or has it been refitted with a more modern system I wonder.