SAU Community

Which One Would You Choose?

bunnybash

Hi Stagea owners...

Well the time has come to get a bigger car - so I am going to have to sell my beloved Ralliart Colt (awesome little beast, putting down 209hp). So I am thinking of getting a Stagea, actually I am pretty sure I am getting one, I just need some advice from some of you guys who have been the Stagea world for some time... there are two that I am thinking of buying.

I am located in WA, but am prepared to buy interstate and drive it back... seeing as cars are stupid expensive over here!!

The first that I am thinking about is:

http://www.carsales....%5d&sort=~Price

For some reason that ARX model with the flared wheel arches looks cool to me, what are the general opinions of the ARX?

The interior colour of that car changes between pictures from "Okay" to "holy hell that colour looks satan sharted and sprayed the interior of the car with it!" I am hoping that it's the milder yellow in most of the pictures, not the oversaturated colour.

I don't plan on doing much modifying, I got that out of my system with the RColt, and it was a resounding success there, but I found that I never actually bothered to track the car or anything after all the modifying!!

I am just after a bigger car that is still quick to drive, with decent interior space for the niece and nephew (all under 5 years of age) so that my wife and I can take them to the beach and park etc. 5 seats is a plus over the 4 seats in the RColt.

Any thoughts on that car above though?

Edited by bunnybash

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much should I be budgeting for the dump, zorst and turbo...

Not sure on real world prices for these things as my car was a "test pilot" for RPW so got them crazy cheap...

Any thoughts on the ARX model and I noticed in one of the pics that there is some kind of switches or something high up on the drivers A pillar, anyone know what they might be for?

Nice arx. Front grill is for cruise control model as is steering wheel.nice. piller switch may be blue tooth for sterio but to make it interesting id say ejector seat. Dump is $480. Full zorst anywhere from 600 - 1700 (nismo cat back) char ching. Turbo is bout 1500 fitted give or take. Bango drill out to 1.5mm priceless.

Thanks for all the info and help so far!! What is "Bango drill" by the way?

I think that's M35 speak for drill out the banjo on the oil supply line to the turbo for increased flow and hopefully longer turbo life.

Have you looked at an M 35 Axis?

much much nicer IMO.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?tabID=3012965&base=1216&vertical=Car&eapi=2&N=1246 1252 1247 1282 1216&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,Max~0.5&items=[Make:NISSAN,Model:STAGEA,BaseEnabledBadge:AUTECH AXIS]&sort=default

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/nissan-stagea-2002-12621779?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=1&eapi=2&__N=1246+1252+1247+1282+1216&num=15&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,15000~0.5&items=%5bMake:NISSAN,Model:STAGEA,BaseEnabledBadge:AR-X%20FOUR%5d&sort=~Price

lol oops!!!

That is the second one there...

I fully expect it to be night and day to my RColt - which is heavily modded and power to weight ratio is quite high... car is light, and freakin noisy!!

I plan on going to test drive one over here this week, but there doesn't seem to be any good ones over here at the moment which is why I am planning to fly over east and drive one back to Perth.

Yeah wow, can't believe I forgot to put the second car in!!!

As mentioned above, go test drive and inspect a few Stageas local to you....

Then come and inspect my Axis that's for sale and you can drive back home in it. Ultimate family wagon.

Check out the link as per my signature.

i would buy yours in a heart beat for 12k!!! :) That's about the limit of my budget though :( If you are desperate to sell let me know and I won't even bother test driving any, the money will be in your account within 20mins haha

i would buy yours in a heart beat for 12k!!! :) That's about the limit of my budget though :( If you are desperate to sell let me know and I won't even bother test driving any, the money will be in your account within 20mins haha

12K? If you are patient enough and don't need it straight away, contact Iron Chef and import one yourself

That said, there are a couple for sale on here that would be a nice fit so have a search :)

my old car is up for sale. its in Sydney, and got a WHOLE load of nismo goodies on it :)

got a link?

12K? If you are patient enough and don't need it straight away, contact Iron Chef and import one yourself

That said, there are a couple for sale on here that would be a nice fit so have a search :)

just cause i am new to this forum who is iron chef?? i have googled it but no surprise it comes up with the TV show and that is all!!! :(

thanks so much for all the help so far guys!!

Edited by bunnybash