SAU Community

intercooler question

Josh. H

Hi guys just a qick one for the 32 owners who has put a front mount on theirs and what difference did it make if any. Im still debating if i should put one on my 32. Cheers guys

(1) FMIC is going to make a very small gain if thats the only mod you do

(2) FMIC will allow you to run more boost (up to the level supported by your fuel system and turbo and pistons obviously)

(3) We got more power gain from the FMIC than from the AVCR or PowerFC simply because we could run more boost safely. Better tune at same boost levels != making good power.

y0.

Josh...I just had the piping done on my r32 yesterday so am off getting it tuned today...i dont have any big mods apart from that so i'll let you know how it goes, im not expecting much tho :D

you can pick up hybrid coolers 600x300x76 (i think) pretty cheap these days and i have a mate who can source a cooler and also does piping so if you need a referral pm me

Syl :P

you can also talk to wados..hes gettin a frount mount on his done and he's got exhaust and some other decent mods done....im sure he would be willing to give you some pointers..also remember cheap kit can = cheap quality you dont want something thats not gonna do its job right....

hey josh

car feels bit better, but dont know whether thats just cos i had him tuned hehe...i think it's made about 10kws roughly, which was wat i expected....up to u if u want to go that way...depends what you're looking to achieve i spose....hope that helps

Syl :(