SAU Community

Respraying R33 S2 Dash Need Help..

AdrianGTT

I have an annoying mark on my dash facia from the previous owner which by the looks of it needs to be sanded off and repainted :/

post-100922-0-33913700-1356846624_thumb.jpg

my question is, after i pull it off and sand it whats the OEM colour for the dash so i can prime then respray? its a rough-ish finished black but i doubt anything an autosalon have would be suitable.

any help would be great!

Edited by AdrianGTT

you might be able to get away with using some prepsol/wax and grease remover as it looks like leftover glue and it might come away.

best bet is if you want to respray it, I would go with a satin finish more than anything (also match the drivers side arm rest/window switch area) but i beleive that would be the closest match, unless you want to get it wrapped in a sticker?

havent tried it but just some opinions/ideas.

unfortunately its not left over glue, its actually melted away the plastic there.. some rough super glue would be my best bet but yeah regardless its still annoying

im thinking maybe test an inconspicuous area of the dash and see how it goes, i just dont want to do anything ill regret after :/

Mate I'm in the same situation with the r33. that sort of rubbery matte black finish is awesome but I can't find anything the same. Closet thing I found was at Repco, it was a black bumper spray that is supposed to be like a spray on car bra. I thought about it but after reading the directions on the can, it is designed to be removed with a high pressure car wash hose, so it'd scratch pretty easy I'd imagine. I'm goin for the matte black wrap when I get some time.

My opinion would be to sand it back, prime it and give it a few coats of this.

I resprayed my steering column surround without using primer and it still came out amazing. Not 100% the same colour as stock but looked very good. Then get a clear coat and go over it to protect it from scratches etc.

post-96537-0-02115100-1357393609_thumb.gif