SAU Community

Are EBCs 100% accurate ?

hey guys i got a avc-r installed in my car and on cold nights i seem to have some overboosting problems.....despite the help of some people from the forums...thanks franks !!! :D

I still have the problem....so i wanna know if EBCs meant to be 100% accurate or is some overboosting negligible ???

mind you it is only overboosting by 0.01 - 0.04 bar....but still it annoys me ! :(

The AVC-R is actually down towards the unreliable side of the scale as it is only controlled by a single solenoid.

The Trust Profec B II and Blitz SBC use a dual solenoid and can control boost a bit better, but the best money can buy you is the HKS EVC Type 5 which uses a stepper motor.

But... then again these big differences only start coming into play when you hit around 14psi or higher.

the quality of the solenoid used by APEXi in the AVC-R is very high... I'm using a URAS/Blitz SBC iD D1 Ltd Ed. myself, and it's very stable once you've set it up properly, but I still prefer the A'PEXi unit. have heard good things bout the HKS unit but haven't used it so can't comment.

shonen.

the AVC-R will spike just a little initially. Maybe 1-2psi then it will come back down to your setting.

As others' have said, it's just the solenoid.

knore, Apex may hold the market as the AVC-R is nice to look at with it's blue screen etc.

THe HKS items dont look as falsh evc 3/4 but they are far bettter.

thanks guys.....my mechanic has a blitz ID3...ill see if i can swap them over....

if its too much money to do the swap i think ill stick with the avcr.....

mist..where did you get the D1 ed SBC ??? and whats new ?

dude, come back to mine for a retune.

the way you setup the avcr on the nissan is slightly different to the way its used in the subaru (which was my mistake)

take "learn gear" off in all gears and all should be good.

i got my D1 SBC iD from BEL Garage here in Sydney. The thing shows nomuken's blitz/uras D1 car then the punched out drift cat thingy, then some words in Jap when u start it. It's kewl =)

HKS EVC Type 5

Don't you mean the HKS EVC Type 4?

Edit: Having checked both the Jap. and US HKS' websites, I now understand the confusion: in the Japanese market its known as the EVC IV (or 4), whereas outside of Japan its the EVC Type 5.

LW.