SAU Community

Not So New Newbie From Sydney...

Futile

Hi guys and girls!

Just thought I should chuck one of these up, as I hope to be an active member... when I can be haha.

My real name is Bj, I'm 23, just moved back to Sydney from Townsville, and am now the proud owner of an R33 GTS-T :D

I have had a fair few cars so I am a bit of a 'Jack of all trades, master of none' when it comes to cars. Most of them have been Jap cars, specifically Nissan's. I have had about 6 Silvia's and 2 Skyline's and then a heap of others like Toyota's and Subaru's. I am looking forward though to picking the brains of you Skyline enthusiasts and expanding my knowledge base on them! Hopefully I will also make it out to some track days also, depending on work.

Anyway, here's the story behind my car:

My daily was this Forester GT, with WRX conversion, coilovers and blah blah blah... it did stuff, blew big flames and most importantly carried around a lot of crap while still being fast :P

331579_2686272324962_1501044925_2784961_1103733278_o.jpg

Then on the drive down from Townsville, just out of Bundy there were some issues with 5th. My mate and I babied her back into Brisbane on a Friday afternoon and by the time I had it towed to a trucking company and brought back to my new place in Sydney, I had decided I have had enough. The insurance company doesn't cover mechanical fault and I didn't want to just get a second hand box.

So because I can be a little irrational sometimes a friend messaged me about how the move was and I replied with I want to buy your Skyline, but only for cheap. That night cash was exchanged and I was the proud owner of the below:

259157_10200239779826106_1562776211_o_zps70b685c1.jpg

So story time over, this is the car. 93 GTS-T, MBC, FMIC, 3" Exhaust, coilovers, pink number plates, black leather interior with pink 'heartbeat' stitching, GTR wing and faded paint :rofl2:

So far this is what I am doing right now:

Pulling the rear hubs out to replace them as the wheel bearings are gone,

Relocating the battery further back into the boot into a battery box with a kill switch,

The interior is coming out and going up for sale with the sound deadening coming out,

Steering wheel, wing and front bar are being replaced (for a already track hack GTR front bar and a carbon boot lip wing... cant stand the GTR wing! haha)

MBC is being pulled out and EBC, better (and smaller) boost gauge and Bee*R rev limiter are going in.

After I get back from overseas there will be some wheels from a mate, diff shims, hicas lock bar, extended studs, tow hooks... a few other little things all getting put in for the ADGP Drift festival being held on Australia Day.

I hope to see you guys out and about and hopefully get out to some good events!!

Cheers,

Bj

Haha, it WAS badass...

I haven't really got any more pics actually, just more of its different stages haha and they are all bad.I do have some though but it never changes for the better unfortunately so here's a moving one (the front sits awkwardly after I had to raise it just a bit- I kept getting stuck on the train tracks I had to cross to get to work :blush: haha) and some videos:

536520_3737009872744_849544599_n_zps8e45f30e.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khf76KSCQ-M

The drag night was my second night in T'ville, dead clutch and stock suspension but the motor combo was in... could barely drive home at the end of the night haha

Cheers guys.

Bj

Thanks Josh. I do too but I am kind over it... will end up being almost stock again although with the possibility of a 2.5L conversion and then used to tow the R33 around :D

Luke, Yes you are correct... for that you can have'em if you like haha they will be gone when rego is done.

Thanks Josh. I do too but I am kind over it... will end up being almost stock again although with the possibility of a 2.5L conversion and then used to tow the R33 around :D

Luke, Yes you are correct... for that you can have'em if you like haha they will be gone when rego is done.

hmmm, shizle on my lux?

could work.