SAU Community

Where Can I Get Fuel Resistant Heat Shrink In Radelaide ?

Ricky_Bobby

Tried lookin on Jaycars website, just looks like the normal gear.

I fitted a walbro pump last night and used only normal heatshrink.... then realised the potential for it to melt away from exposure to fuel.... :-(

http://www.compsystems.com.au/news/925-prodnews/134-dr25.html

Looks the go , just hoped I could source this within 24 hours otherwise I will have to put my fuel pump back together and redo the work again when I get the right shrink tube ..

So why does this stuff exist if it wasn't an issue with normal tubing ? (don't want to be the devils advocate here , just curious mate )

http://www.compsyste...s/134-dr25.html

Looks the go , just hoped I could source this within 24 hours otherwise I will have to put my fuel pump back together and redo the work again when I get the right shrink tube ..

So why does this stuff exist if it wasn't an issue with normal tubing ? (don't want to be the devils advocate here , just curious mate )

It depends on the chemical makeup of the plastic in particular. Petroleum breaks down certain plastics, some instantly, some over time. Ie its very easy to make napalm for that very reason

If it breaks down it seeps into the fuel itself and gets combusted in your engine. Not pretty.

Always good to be safe and check like what you're doing. Theres never any harm in asking imho.

-D

Managed to find Jaycar's fuel resistant heat shrink kit . 3.95 it's cheaper than the normal stuff at super cheap !

For 10 minutes work I will change it over . Good soldering practice at least ... Lol