SAU Community

R32 Do Luck Floor Support Bar

I suspect the only marginally worthwhile braces for a Skyline are front strut bars that also triangulate to the firewall, perhaps the ones that tie the front ends of the castor rods together, and perhaps the ones that go inside the front guards (tying the A pillar to the suspension tower). Oh, and a rear strut bar that ties to the boot floor over the diff. Perhaps. MOst of these probably add more weight than the extra stiffening they provide is worth. The Do-Luck floor bar certainly would fall into that category.

I think sub-frame connectors are a worth while addition. Not the aluminum ones but the steel ones. Get those and weld them in. It ties the front and rear frame rails of the car together. Instead of just the sheet metal of the floor and roof.

Try jacking up the front of the car till the rear wheel comes off the ground, then try to open the door.

Try jacking up the front of the car till the rear wheel comes off the ground, then try to open the door.

It's funny you should make that suggestion. I've always been able to open either door with any corner of the car jacked right up. 2 door chassis is actually well stiff enough for that sort of action.

It's funny you should make that suggestion. I've always been able to open either door with any corner of the car jacked right up. 2 door chassis is actually well stiff enough for that sort of action.

HA HA, reminds me of when I had the front of my HSV on stands to rebuild the engine. Struggled to open both front doors. Had to keep the driver's door open for 2 months. 2 door skyline chassis are brilliant in comparison.

I said try jacking at the front jack point till the rear wheel comes off the ground also, then open and close the door. I know you will have problems doing this. With the sub-frame connectors installed you wont. I regularly only use the front jack point to swap both front and back tires at the track. Because of this I know the sub-frame connectors do improve chassis stiffness.

Edited by warp speed

I was just using the door opening as proof the the bars do stiffen the chassis. I could tell the difference when I installed the bars on my car. If you look at other unibody constructed cars that are aimed at performance driving, subframe connectors are a standard mod.

• 6 years later...