SAU Community

Anyone Know Where To Get Valve Stem Seals Fixed?

NSNR33

Hey all, just wondering in Adelaide, if anyone has had their valve stem seals fixed on their rb25? And how much its cost them?

I have a feeling its this, as i have read up about off throttle blue smoke and this is what most people of said (its not a massive blue smoke issue but something ive noticed and want to rectify)

Ive just recently had to overhaul my car only to find this issue occur, is their anywhere i can go to get this fixed (and to leave the engine inside the car?)

Cheers Aaron.

Ps sorry mods if this is in the wrong section.

Head will have to come off

Cam's will have to come out as will lifters then should be able to take it to an engine builder and they can remove the valve retainers then the valves.

Or just take the whole head to an engine builder

it can be done without removing the head... but its risky. all the cams and lifters still need to come off either way...

in this method its possible to make an adapter to fit the spark plug hole. connect it to an air compressor, pressurise the cylinder when the piston is at TDC. the air pressure keeps the valve closed. removing the valve cap retainers is a bit more difficult as you cant use a regular clamp to compress the springs.

its a bit backyard but can be done

the advantage of having the head removed - a good time to get it ported and polished or even have the valve sizes increased...

I've recently had my timing belt let go. where would be the best place to get the head ported and polished..im in the northern area... what benefits is there to over sizing valves

Edited by WLD MAN