SAU Community

Engineers Certificate Transfer

SS-

Hey, looking at buying a car that has an ​engineers certificate, but it has the other guys name on it so my question is will i have any problems when going to vicroads to tranfer the car into my name? would they issue me a new one or is that one okay to have?

thanks!

I believe that VASS engineers certificates only last for 30 days, and are used for when registering a new vehicle/re-registering or removing a defect notice.

I could be completely wrong tho.

I'm not clued in with the fine details, but my car has an engineers cert for an engine conversion. the cert just has written confirmation of the changed engine number and some mods (since the engine number is different from the nameplate on the car). it isn't addressed to the owner, it's just a cert with the engine details and I carry it in the glovebox

Yeah that's what I thought, Iv seen a few with no names on it and laminated and just left in the car but this one is on a piece of paper with the current owners name he said it should be fine tho when tranferring

I believe that VASS engineers certificates only last for 30 days, and are used for when registering a new vehicle/re-registering or removing a defect notice.

I could be completely wrong tho.

False,

Once you receive certificate you have 30 days to present it to vicroads in which they make changes on their system to indicate that car has been engineered and is legal.

Hey, looking at buying a car that has an ​engineers certificate, but it has the other guys name on it so my question is will i have any problems when going to vicroads to tranfer the car into my name? would they issue me a new one or is that one okay to have?

thanks!

ring vic roads?

False,

Once you receive certificate you have 30 days to present it to vicroads in which they make changes on their system to indicate that car has been engineered and is legal.

Ahhh ok, that makes a whole lot more sense. I've only ever had to get one for a minor thing and the information on the Vicroads site is so damn confusing at the best of times.

Cheers!

Thanks for the response guys I posted on Sunday thinking to call on Monday but it was a public holiday :( lol will be calling to confirm with them tomorrow tho :)