SAU Community

R33 Headlight Lense Removal/black Headlights?

33gts4

Just wondering if you can remove the headlight lense to black out the chrome inside the headlight? Seen pictures of it done and looks chilled. Anyone have a link to a write up or any info would be good!

Cheers .

Hey mate, search for the R33 Headlight Yellowing threads. There's one that details the removal of the glass to remove yellowing on the inside- just follow the first steps till it's apart then mask and spray? I can't see it being any more difficult than that :blink:

eBay actually has some of these lights for sale at the moment, saw them over the weekend.

yup... just got myself a pair as the tabs on mine are broken , nw i just need to know how to prevent the plastic lenses from yellowing...

yup... just got myself a pair as the tabs on mine are broken , nw i just need to know how to prevent the plastic lenses from yellowing...

Yeah, I need to get one for the drivers side. But cause it's not an exciting part to purchase I'm putting it off lol.

Just pop all the silver clips off then use a heat gun to melt the sikalfex around the lense then pry it off by hand...take your time I've done heaps of them so it can be done quite easily...

shitty job though...and they dong always seal 100% leaving you with ligts that fog up..I'd be buying replacements and selling yours cause its just easier...