SAU Community

Apexi Safc 2 And Apexi Sitc.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha they just said there is enough timing adjustment in the cas so won't really need the sict for what I am doing. Its only a small thing to take our some fuel. I am changing motors later down the road

yea i get ya.... but id still rather use that than mess with the cas!

soon as would be great mate. need to get rid of em this week to pay my tuning bill! 200 is delivered, and pay pal price.

SITC is in my hands now, very good condition, good guy to deal with.

Whatever mechanic told you that there's enough adjustment in the CAS is smoking crack.

The CAS only adjusts BASE timing, the SITC allows timing adjustment at different RPM points and interpolates between them.

If you wind in more or less timing with the CAS all that does is add or subtract it from the entire rev range which is ENTIRELY undesirable. If you wind out too much timing (retard) to avoid high end detonation it will come on boost sluggishly and will not make decent peak torque and will rev slowly and generally be a dog to drive, you also run the risk of increasing EGT's way too much if you retard too far.

If you advance too much to make it come on boost harder and rev properly you will have way too much timing at peak torque and peak power which essentially means the engine will go boom.

I'm not trying to scare you, harass you or give you a hard time, I just want you to be informed so that your mechanic is not pulling a dodgy on you and doing things that will ultimately end up with lacklustre performance or worse, a busted car, which he will then charge you to fix after having already charged you for the work...

Thanks Paul, can't wait to install :)

That's cool, all I wanted whenI Igot mine was to add a bit of fuel but you quickly realize it's a balancing act. By adding fuel my timing was being retard which made it sluggish.

In your case, removing fuel, it will have the affect of advancing the timing, pushing you closure to the knock threshold.

The work around is wind the CAS back, which then makes it sluggish...

See how you go, but just understand that any fuel adjustment produces a subsequent timing change.

Feel free to PM me if needed.

Cheers