SAU Community

Rb25Det With Pfc And Eboost Street Low On Boost

FordyR31

Ok so after taking the dump/front pipe off to heat wrap it the car is running low on boost. The car was tuned with low boost set at 14 psi and high boost was reading just under 18psi. Since wrapping the front/dump pipe the car now seems to only boost up to 12psi on low and just over 15psi on high. The Oxy sensor is plugged in, the heat sensor in the car was never removed. All bolts are done up except for one. The bottom bolt from the back of the turbo to dump pipe isnt tightened because I havent been able to since the heat wrap went on. I wrapped it all the way to the flange without even thinking of any clearance issue. I have been told that this one bolt of 6 won't be causing the issue.

Anyone familiar with eboosts heard of this happening? Anyone had this happen after applying heat wrap? I have replaced some clamps along the induction and pressure side and made sure all are tight and that all pipes are fitted together tightly with plenty overlap under the clamps.

I also have a mechanical guage which is also reading a little under 1 bar on low boost. Probably around 0.8-9. The other day it was spiking to 12psi on low and then settling to 10psi and since replacing a couple of clamps it seems to hold boost at 12.

Welcoming all suggestions and hoping for an easy fix that I can do myself.

Edited by FordyR31

actually yeah it shouldnt effect boost on that side of the turbo. Did you pull anything else off that you've just forgotten about putting back on? Did you bend the actuator arm at all?

Didnt touch the actuator no. The turbo stayed on the car. The only thing that came off was the front and dump pipe which is a single pipe and has been for 5 years. I wrapped it. Bolted it back up minus that one bolt and plugged the oxy sensor back in. Didnt unscrew it when U removed the pipe just unplugged and plugged back in.