SAU Community

V36 English Dash Cluster Conversion

MFC05

• 3 weeks later...

Yep it is red mate, and it has the touch screen Navi on the oem screen too - so I assumed you had a hand in it Chris. It is in Perth now - did you do it in Qld or did he fly you over? Also, did he get the km lined up, or are they out?

the car waas dropped off to me customer paid me money and I did stuff. :P

geez you're sure tight lip about everything :P.....if i get one in again, ill make sure it goes through Brisbane. Will call you if anything

look at it this way do you discuss what you do for a living in detail on a public forum :) ? I tend not to given most know that I work on these cars for a living and it how I pay my house loan and other expenses.

put simply - its doable and I can do it :P I will answer certain questions but how I do things is not one of them.

Ah that explains why you haven't replied to my emails chris. Are you saying that you want money to help someone?, you know my situation (i'm in NZ) how much $ would you need?

Ah that explains why you haven't replied to my emails chris. Are you saying that you want money to help someone?, you know my situation (i'm in NZ) how much $ would you need?

got busy actually . will send off a full quote once I get home to a pc. low mid 4 figure though.

I think what a lot of us fail to realise is that Chris is an Auto Lecky by trade. It's what he does and what he enjoys doing. At the end of the day, he built his knowledge through years of servitude to the industry. He knows his stuff because in an industry fuelled by clients not wanting to pay decent dollars and companies offering crap services for minimal fees, the guys with the best knowledge and most innovative are the ones that stand out from the pack. He's a master of his trade and we can't just ask him for freebies. He built his intellectual property and shares a lot more info about what he does than most do about their day to day jobs. Let's give him a break eh?!

Well said, t5iv. People seem to fail to realise that not everyone here is just a general member of the public and/or enthusiast.

If someone doesn't want to divulge their secrets for whatever reason, be it on the basis of profession or just simply not wanting to tell, then respect it and do the same homework they've done. We all learn from experience so if you don't find the information you need, make an effort to figure out the information yourself. Grab schematics, find old junked out gear and if you're really ballsy, make carefully calculated tests with your own vehicle. If something breaks along the way, be sure to have the cash around to fix it. :)

Thankfully the firewall grommet ring that I broke only cost me $7 but I bought 2 just in case I'm an idiot for a second time. :P