SAU Community

First Car, First Skyline

cowdy

hey guys, today was a big day, i got m first car today. my car is a r33 gts25t BLACK! with 18inch wheels 3 inch system and a 4 inch cannon tip, have been in it all arvo messing with the turbo timer cleaning it and tuning the computer.

it looks pretty stock, just the wheels stereo aluminium radiator, turbo timer and exhaust. im going for road worthy to transfer rego over at my work on Thursday hope all goes well. i have found a few things like low tread on rear tiers and low front pads,

im pretty keen to go on a mad cruise after that but i have to get my exemption first so...... now to the fun bit....

any ideas inputs and mods go ahead and i hope to have a great time with this car i have always lover the skylines and i am really looking forward to getting involved onto the skyline and JDM scenes

oh yeah hows this, its so fresh of an import it still has the japanese rego sticker and service sticker on it.

Well done their a nice car, i'm brand new to this forum to but have owned my 33GTR for 2 and a bit years now and it's awesome. Enjoy yourself but be carefully if you are trying to tune it urself unless you have experience tuning turboed cars.

PICS :)

oh yeah, welcome to the forum =)

big old rejection buddy. hope youve got a garage. cos thatll be the only legal place to sit in it for a few years.

welcome.

if there is a way around it. youll find it on here.

hey guys, today was a big day, i got m first car today. my car is a r33 gts25t BLACK! with 18inch wheels 3 inch system and a 4 inch cannon tip, have been in it all arvo messing with the turbo timer cleaning it and tuning the computer.

it looks pretty stock, just the wheels stereo aluminium radiator, turbo timer and exhaust. im going for road worthy to transfer rego over at my work on Thursday hope all goes well. i have found a few things like low tread on rear tiers and low front pads,

im pretty keen to go on a mad cruise after that but i have to get my exemption first so...... now to the fun bit....

any ideas inputs and mods go ahead and i hope to have a great time with this car i have always lover the skylines and i am really looking forward to getting involved onto the skyline and JDM scenes

oh yeah hows this, its so fresh of an import it still has the japanese rego sticker and service sticker on it.

If I were you I would give it a service ASAP. I make it a point that whenever I buy a 2nd hand car I give it a service myself (oil and filter change and spark plugs in the least, also fuel filter) no matter how much the previous owner says its been serviced or if it has a service history. Fuel filters never get done for example. After that maybe go a pod and possibly an aftermarket fuel pump and a bleed valve to raise boost? That will give you some power gain for relatively cheap

cheers

stock they make that but 19 years old and detunned a little it made 122.3kw/tonne at the wheels :)

i have a list here of turbo supporting mods and an fpr all sotred its gonna be like a grand for them.

and i have to get new front tiers and wheel alrignment before i even go into supporting mods

stock they make that but 19 years old and detunned a little it made 122.3kw/tonne at the wheels :)

i have a list here of turbo supporting mods and an fpr all sotred its gonna be like a grand for them.

and i have to get new front tiers and wheel alrignment before i even go into supporting mods

They don't go off power at the wheels, they go off power at the flywheel. So your car is making about 160kw at the flywheel.

Also keen to know how you were 'tuning' the computer since you haven't mentioned it having an aftermarket computer.

I really wish kids would stop thinking the rules don't apply to them and try and find ways around them.

Also the mods you can perform are severely limited while driving under an exemption, I agree with everyone else that you won't get an exemption. Since they department base exemptions off manufactures data, power being 186kw and curb weight being 1390kg you end up with 132 kw/ton.

i got told to do the report like dyno and weigh bridge and send that in with the exemption paper work.

it has a disc we got told to install on my laptop and it is some weird program and cable you plug into and obd2 port and you can do the fuel to air, ign timing, idle sped, boost control (dosnt seem to work being there is on ebc in it)

i know some people may think im just a teenager wanting a fast car and will be stupid with it, but i have always loved skyline, they are my dream car, i dont plan on doing crazy hoon stuff in it i plan on using it like any normal road user following the road rules and if i want to be a hoon ill take it over to lakeside or find a track i can go to. plus im to scared i would crash it, it is to much of a nice car to ruin.

im not trying sound like a smart ass or anything i am just trying to go the way i have been told to go about getting the exemption.

Not saying you are a young idiot with a turbo, but we do get a lot of the on SAU. As we said you can try and get the exemption but you have next to 0% chance of getting it.

As for the disc is there a manufactured name on it?

Take a screen shot of the program. It is probably just some consult program such as ecutalk or conzult. These don't actually allow you to tube the car, just diagnose things, and temporarily alter things.

If by chance you do have done sort if aftermarket ecu and program to tune it, unless you have a wideband o2 sensor and know what you are doing, don't play around with the settings. You could end up doing some serious damage to the engine.

As for not being a hoon. You just keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. I'm not trying to be a smart arse (well actually i am) but any teenage who is trying to get around three law and get an exemption to drive a turbo on their p's isn't going to just drive around like a grandma. You have little regard for the law (since you are trying to get around it) so I'm assuming you will have the same amount of disregard for the road rules. whilst I'm sure that you will drive sensibly at times, I'm sure that at other times you will fit right into the stereotype the media likes to portray. So you can post back saying that i don't know you and you are intact a sensible driver, or something similar, but i won't believe you. You might think you are going to be sensible, but it won't be long before a commodore pulls up next to you at the traffic lights and you decide to show them who's faster.

As mentioned above, what your car makes at the wheels is completely irrelevant in regards to getting an exemption. It would make considerably less than the 125kw/t threshold at the wheels but given it is power at the flywheel and it is a FACTORY figure, you won't be allowed an exemption.

You won't be successful in being granted an exemption to drive high-powered vehicles through hardship or any other reason, given you just went out and purchased a car you can't legally drive for more than you could have purchased a rwc you could. You'll be told to buy another legal car or sell it and then buy another legal car. Ignorance is no excuse for not following the law.

As mad said, your confidence that you can fluant and that you'll receive an exemption to drive it would be the same confidence you showed before you wrapped it around a tree and killed yourself.