SAU Community

Sau:sa Track Day #7 - With Passengers!

SAU-SA Exec

Had a good day out there even tho I ended up early with a very blown out turbo gasket and a turbo flange with about a 1mm warp in it.

did a 124.16 which is okish would have liked to go a bit quicker, was a fun to do something else than drift for a change.

My GF had a ball driving the drift car for the first time at the track.

This was the best track day that I have been to so far. Thanks for all that helped make the day a one to remember for a while. Good to see that all the cars survived the track day to an extent and to see that even mother nature loves seeing skylines on the track :D

I ran a completely stock setup with used Kumho KU36's (I think this was their second track day) and a stock boost of 7psi and managed a best time of 1:28:58. I managed to do a whole lot of 1:28:xx's and 1:29:xx's together with some 1:3x:xx's. I think the tyres had enough by the end of the day, was getting chronic understeer in turn 2. Surprised that my brakes and clutch held up for the whole days thrashing and was happy to do a few passenger runs and still managing 1:29:xx's

What an awesome day! I rocked up with both GTRs full of E85 & used 8 jerries full as well!

Heaps of passenger rides & some great solo sessions. Even a bit of paddock work out in the middle!

Did a PB today of 1:11.9 & a bunch of 12s. Pretty happy with that from the R33.

The R35 was running in the 16s so need to do some work there!

Overall a fantastic day & as it was raining most of the day in town we were lucky to have a dry track.

Thanks to everyone again.

See you at the next one.

Munro

Thanks for letting my have a passenger ride in the 35 mate. That thing is off the chain and you are one crazy mofo driver :D

Was a great day guys, thankyou Munro for the burn in the R33, I'm still putting my organs back in the right spots!

Obviously I'm a bit biased because I helped plan this day, but I think it was the best one yet. We ended up with 22 cars on track, which blew apart any thought of a quiet day, and the atmosphere was awesome. We had about 5 drifters come and try some grip, along with a handful of first timers, as a result we had a huge variety of cars, engine and suspension setups, which made for some very interesting viewing.

Probably the biggest plus of today was the weather, nobody overheated, and nobody got wet, how good is that! The showers were looking a bit threatening at a couple of times, but obviously recognised the importance of an SAU-SA Trackday.

I agree to this 100%. This was by far the best track day that I have been to so far. So many different cars with a wide range of setups etc. Was good to see and compare some times as well. Pretty sure I need better tyres for the next track day :D

I had a gread day out there yesterday for my first track day. Im definitely looking forward to the next one.

I need to stop myself from thinking about more power now though :)

Need to buy my turbo lol :D

I have heaps of photos and video I just have not had the time to transfer but mainly compress them. They are all in HD and RAW formats so to large to upload. Hopefully by the weekend :)

that's not the 1st time John's made the record books.....that same car held a drag racing record for a very long time as well.

I'm not sure but it still might hold that record.....hopefully Johnny sees this and can respond

didnt have a lap timer. guessing low 1:20s. did a 1:26 according to the iphone last time doing 140 throu the kink and 60-70 throu te esses. this time i was doin nearly 200 throu the kink and 100 throu the esses. also had higher top speeds along the straights. gotta be somewhere around the low 1:20 mark

Probably later in the year. SAU Nationals are in November and we will be pretty busy with that.

But be assured that plenty of notice will be given.

If you want to have first crack at spots though it would be wise to join as a member of SAUSA. The spots get opened up to members first and then to public if there are any left.

:)