SAU Community

V36 Nav And Language Swap - Faq

I spoke to the Russian today and he said that even thou it is a costly exercise he is working on a cheaper solution. He said I needed advanced soldering skills for the current option and its exspensive to buy equipment to do it.

I must say the English head unit is working great

GPS maps work great, good voice nav, all menus are English, bluetooth is good, pretty much full functionality except for the weather and traffic info and TV but I've been told I can fit a DTV tuner. USB cable in the glove connects to iPods etc to be displayed on the screen, very quick, no lag

Stickers for buttons are a bit tacky but from a distance looks almost stock

Would highly recommend if you have money to blow

What about the newer model?

Is it the same process?

Aren't 2010+ models easier?

From my conversation with him, it looks like he is charging the same amount but I think there is much less work. Something about him needing the nav deck n changing something in there. I'm not too sure.

GPS maps work great, good voice nav, all menus are English, bluetooth is good, pretty much full functionality except for the weather and traffic info and TV but I've been told I can fit a DTV tuner. USB cable in the glove connects to iPods etc to be displayed on the screen, very quick, no lag

Good to hear! I was thinking about getting a V36 after I wrote off my R33, but the non-English headunit has put me off a little. Sounds like it's less of a mind f**k now :)

What are the contact/business details?

Wonder if he'd want to fly to Adelaide for a weekend :P

• Like 1

I spoke to the Russian today and he said that even thou it is a costly exercise he is working on a cheaper solution. He said I needed advanced soldering skills for the current option and its exspensive to buy equipment to do it.

Hi

How can i get in touch with this guy? I have a 370GT 2010 model and my friend has the 2010 model. I would be very interested to convert our cars.

Any help would be appreciated.

You cant, He all ready has someone in Sydney doing the conversions for him. He was just trying to come up with a better solution that may be cheaper.

I was told its exspensive to set up the gear to do it. Hence why only Sydney do it. They have a bigger market.

You cant, He all ready has someone in Sydney doing the conversions for him. He was just trying to come up with a better solution that may be cheaper.

I was told its exspensive to set up the gear to do it. Hence why only Sydney do it. They have a bigger market.

ROAD TRIP!!!!! :)

anyone figure out video playback yet? japanese region dvds work but nothing else? i've tried connecting my tablet through the usb/aux and nope, only ipod is working

Really? I must have a freak unit then because I can play all regions and it continues to operate even while driving. I have checked the wiring while I was upgrading my sound system and there weren't any signs of any modification - at least, not externally.

I still haven't pulled my finger out and tried my Mirrorlink device via the AV inputs to see if I can mirror my phone's screen on the in-vehicle LCD but after experimenting with it on my TV, it looks passable and I think I might get away with it after all in the car. I'll give it a crack tomorrow and see if it works or not.