SAU Community

Dave - New Qld Member - R34 Gt-T

r34davE

Hey guys,

Thought I'd better introduce myself; I literally signed up today and I don't take delivery of my Skyline until Wednesday but I figured I'd strike while the iron was hot...

I am (almost) the proud owner of a 1999 R34 GT-T. 71000km on the clock, fully stock except for Apexi exhaust and some FUGLY Impul rims :no:

I've previously owned an N13 Pulsar, N14 SSS, N15 SSS, VZ wagon, MCV20 Touring V6 manual Camry, XC Barina SRi, another N15 SSS Pulsar, VZ SS Thunder 6L manual, Honda Accord Euro luxury manual, another VZ wagon, 1984 SV11 Camry (was going to do it up but not worth the coin) and now the Skyline.

My wife always said she'd break up with me if I bought a Skyline, but after test driving a few different imports around the $15-20k mark, the choice was clear!

I decided to join the forums in the hopes that I can get to know other Skyline owners, go on cruises, etc and also because I'm new to Skylines and have no idea where to start modification-wise!

So... HI! :action-smiley-069:

post-109041-0-57016300-1363590722_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-91892300-1363590723_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-06891400-1363590732_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-17145700-1363590734_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-81913800-1363590735_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-70294900-1363590729_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-07800500-1363590731_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-56952700-1363590726_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-27815300-1363590725_thumb.jpg

post-109041-0-30000400-1363590728_thumb.jpg

hey mate welcome to the forums, its a great community for get togethers and troubleshooting

also good to see you went with motorman imports, they are well known for good, clean and honest cars

all the best with your beast, you will not be dissapointed with it

Dan

Hey mate, good choice in car! If that says "super megaphone" on the exhaust tip it's a damn good system.... Flow plenty and are quiet...

Hey thanks I'll check it when I pick it up tomorrow - it's not very loud from memory, just a nice, subtle note :)

hey mate welcome to the forums, its a great community for get togethers and troubleshooting

also good to see you went with motorman imports, they are well known for good, clean and honest cars

all the best with your beast, you will not be dissapointed with it

Dan

Hi Dan, thanks for the reassurance, we were really impressed with Paul at Motorman, he was very honest and knowledgeable :)

Welcome.

Very nice car.

Hope you enjoy the forums.

Cheers mate, me too!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man, sorry it's taken me so long to reply!

Car is going great, so far all I've done is wax it and replace the side and front indicators with nismo ones :) have taken it for a couple of spirited drives and really happy with it :)

Next up is a set of tien springs :)

Nice! Someone finally bought that car off motorman, it had been sitting there for more than a year, i almost bought it too..decided to go with the black one :P

Having inspected this car I can say it is a very clean buy, congrats :) Plus....sunroof is best :)

Edited by fusion07

Nice! Someone finally bought that car off motorman, it had been sitting there for more than a year, i almost bought it too..decided to go with the black one :P

Having inspected this car I can say it is a very clean buy, congrats :) Plus....sunroof is best :)

Oh wow! I wonder why? The condition and kms are amazing! I picked it up for 17k (down from 21k) with 4 new tyres driveaway :) Paul is an excellent bloke to deal with!

I had the choice of white, silver, gunmetal or black but I love white cars and it was the only one with a sunroof! Plus the other white one had a nismo rear wing and I don't really like them...

I hated the wheels when I bought it, but they're starting to grow on me... Thinking about either polishing or painting them once I've lowered it :)

Oh wow! I wonder why? The condition and kms are amazing! I picked it up for 17k (down from 21k) with 4 new tyres driveaway :) Paul is an excellent bloke to deal with!

I had the choice of white, silver, gunmetal or black but I love white cars and it was the only one with a sunroof! Plus the other white one had a nismo rear wing and I don't really like them...

I hated the wheels when I bought it, but they're starting to grow on me... Thinking about either polishing or painting them once I've lowered it :)

Basically because....black :P

My previous car was white so i got over it real quick..plus this one had some goodies (nismo clear indicators, front lip and led tail lights) but interior wise your one was definitely cleaner..

Edit: hey just out of curiosity, I noticed your car has weather shields (the strips on the top of the windows).. would you be able to tell me how these are mounted? glued / screwed in etc? I'm looking for a set but don't know how they mount..cheers!

Edited by fusion07

Basically because....black :P

My previous car was white so i got over it real quick..plus this one had some goodies (nismo clear indicators, front lip and led tail lights) but interior wise your one was definitely cleaner..

Edit: hey just out of curiosity, I noticed your car has weather shields (the strips on the top of the windows).. would you be able to tell me how these are mounted? glued / screwed in etc? I'm looking for a set but don't know how they mount..cheers!

Funny you should mention nismo indicators! The first thing I did was order and fit a set of nismo smoked front and side indicators - looks way meaner now :) Gave it a second wax yesterday too, wanna build up plenty of wax in the early stages so I can slack off later on ;)

I'm pretty sure the weathershields are mounted the same as any other aftermarket weathershield, clips & screws and maybe a little double-sided automotive tape? I could be wrong but I don't remember anything unusual when detailing it...

Are you coming on the cruise on Saturday?

Mostly double sided tape and a couple of clips! I broke mine trial fitting my roll cage and now they are gone the car looks much cleaner (mine were a funny colour due to fading i guess)...

Just got a fully fledged alarm system fitted today (immobiliser, glass break detectors, shock sensors, remote boot release, etc etc etc) and the bloke installing it said it was the cleanest skyline he'd ever worked on :) was nice to hear someone else saying it - reinforces that I made the right decision :)

So... I'll see you Saturday fusion07? What's your actual name?