SAU Community

Diff Lock Issue On My 32 Gtr

Hi all

I need your help?

Just recently every time i turn my 32gtr 1989 model AWD starts to lock up the diff and is very hard to make it move where i have to over rev engine to get some movement, could anyone help who has had the same problem or has an answer on what i should do?

Edited by ZILL4R

hi guys ok so i decided to do a bit more investigation on this so i got in the car with a mate and took it for a drive and after giving it a hit a few times to warm up the diff and gear box we went to a empty industrial road and started to turn the car. I steped outside to see if it woul lok up but all i saw was that the when you stop the car and take off and turn it shudders but the rear and front wheels move normal.

I have been advised that because i have a jim berry Full monty that the clutch is a Brass button and when it heats up on the fly it tends to shudder

I am lost now guys not to sure what it could be is there any ideas ?

so you are saying that you have to rev the car harder to get it to move? it could be one of a few issues. it could be a siezed brake (or hand brake), diff issue or clutch/gearbox issue. might be worth starting by jacking the car up and seeing how easy it is to spin each of the wheels. that may also help you isolate whether it's front or rear diffs causing the issue (if there is a diff issue).