Bore x Stroke (mm): 87.0 x 77.7

Power: 298.3 kw / 400.0 bhp @ 6800 rpm

Torque: 470.5 nm / 347.0 ft lbs @ 4400 rpm

Top Speed: 318.7 kph

Compression Ratio: 8.5:1

R33 GT-R Nismo 400R Pictures:

R33_400r2.GIF

R33_400r.jpg

The R33 Nismo 400R is very, very, very good. Along with these awesome engine specifications, the 400R came with an aero bodykit. I don't know excatly how much one would be worth but a limited number were made, so i'm thinking in excess of $100,000, U.S Dollars. Is there any in Australia if anybody knows?

Dallas :headspin:

February 1996, the so far most potent Skyline version saw the light of day in a very limited number of only 99 pieces. The NISMO 400R was intended as a road-going version of Nissan's GT-Skylines, to celebrate the race-track-success of the NISMO GT-R LM.

Different to this, the NISMO 400R does not have rear-wheel drive, but builds up on a very improved chassis of the most sporty and powerful R33 version, the R33 GT-R V-Spec.

tuned version of the RB26DETT, the RBX-GT2 engine powers the NISMO 400R forward with 400hp at 6800rpm. A larger stroke of 77.7mm and bore of 87mm make for a larger displacement of 2771cc. Additionally, special pistons and con-rods, a new crankshaft and a strengthened engine-block, in connection with a NISMO intercooler are responsible for the increase in power and also boost torque to a maximum of 478Nm (346 lb-ft) at 4400rpm. The power is still delivered to all wheels via the 5-speed gearbox, although a twin-plate clutch now handles the connection between axle and transmission.

Further improvements over the V-Spec include a 30mm lower suspension (in comparison to the already quite low V-Spec) with Bilstein gas shocks and 18-inch wheels with 275/35 tires. In correspondence with ATTESA-ETS and Super-HICAS these changes make for a race-car-like handling that hardly any other car is likely to match.

But updated dynamics are not the only differences between the R33 and the NISMO 400R. The outward appearance of the latter already hints at the potential under hood. The front-spoiler has even bigger scoops than before, and gives the 400R an almost threatening stance on the street. The 18-inch wheels fill the wheel-housings much better than the V-Spec's 17-inch ones and the rear-wing produces even more grip than the standard one. On the passive side, NISMO brakes make sure all that forward-power is also decelerated effectively when necessary and race-style seats with harnesses keep the driver in place even during the most courageous maneuvers.

Considering the racing-heritage of this car and its huge dynamic potential, the NISMO 400R is THE race-car for the street and definitely the best Skyline available so far.

Nissan had been racing the Skyline in the GT1 category of the 24-hours endurance race of Le Mans in 1995 and 1996, so the GT-R LM and the 400R were intended as road-going versions of these race cars. Both got derivatives of the RB26DETT engine, the GT-R LM with 305hp and the 400R with 400hp. Unfortunately only one GT-R LM was built to homologate the car for racing, which is confined to a museum today.

The 400R on the other hand, got an enlarged RB26DETT engine with 2.8l of displacement, the RBX-GT2, a twin-turbo with an astonishing 400hp at 6.800rpm. The engine was not the only similarity with the GT-R though, since both cars were based upon the R33 GT-R V-spec (Victory Specification). But where the GT-R LM only got RWD (like the race-cars), the 400R got further improved GT-R technology, like ATTESA-ETS etc.

Naturally, both car’s inner potency was resembled in their design as well. Each one of them featured bigger wheels, wider spoilers and wheel-arches and lower suspension, to give them a look even more dramatic than the already not too inconspicuous standard GT-R.

In February 1996, the so far most potent Skyline version saw the light of day in a very limited number of only 99 pieces. The NISMO 400R was intended as a road-going version of Nissan's GT-Skylines, to celebrate the race-track-success of the NISMO GT-R LM...

Model NISMO 400R

General Information

Layout Front-engine / AWD

Drag Coefficient [cd] NA

Curb Weight [lb (kg)] 3418 (1550)

Trunk Space [cu ft. (L)] NA

Overall Length [in. (mm)] 184,1 (4675)

Overall Width [in. (mm)] 72.0 (1830)

Overall Height [in. (mm)] 52.4 (1330)

Wheelbase [in. (mm)] 107.1 (2720)

Track Front [in. (mm)] 59.1 (1500)

Track Rear [in. (mm)] 59.4 (1510)

Steering Rack & Pinion; Speed Sensitive Power Ass.

Turning Radius [ft. (m)] NA

Tires front 275/35 ZR18

Tires rear 275/35 ZR18

Engine

Type RBX-GT2 - Inline-6; Twin-Turbo Charged

Valvetrain dohc 4-valve/cyl

Displacement [cc] 2771

Bore & Stroke [mm] 87.0 x 77.7

Compression Ratio 8.5:1

Redline [rpm] NA

Max. Power [bhp at rpm] 400 at 6800

Max. Torque [lb-ft (Nm) at rpm] 353 (478) at 4400

Bhp/Liter 144

Gear Ratios

1st NA

2nd NA

3rd NA

4th NA

5th NA

Final drive NA

Suspension

Front Multi Link; Bilstein gas shocks

Rear Multi Link; Bilstein gas shocks

Braking

Front - Brakes NA

Rear - Brakes NA

70 - 0 mph [ft (m)] NA

60 - 0 mph [ft (m)] NA

Performance*

0 - 60 mph [secs] 4.0

0 - 100 mph [secs] NA

1/4 mile [secs at mph] NA

Top Speed [mph] 198

Google is your friend!

Mat.

has anyone heard of the Z-tune?

apparantly 540kw. it was just after a comparison with the m-spec 34 against the 911. hehe i remember the quote "sorry honey, no german crap box is gonna pass us" :)

i have never seen a 400r for sale in auction and i have been keeping a close eye on things for numerous years also prestige has never seen any... also there are varying conflicts on how many there where made and apperently the original purchase price was rumored at arond 12 million yen... so i couldnt see the sale price now being much less than 100,ooo AUD...

Where do you guys get your information from, ever tried reading it off Nismo's website...only 99 were ever made and cost 12Mil Yen at the time. Indeed a very rare car, you'd be lucky to find one.

http://www.nismo.co.jp/complete/400R/spec2.html

There is no such car as the BNR34 S or R-tune...they are tuning powerup packages.

S-Tune: 7,480,000 Yen (no longer available)

R-Tune: 12,600,000 Yen

S-Tune: 9,198,000 Yen (new package)

Z-Tune: it's a JGTC proto car (2,771 cc, 600ps/7,600rpm & 66kgm/5,200rpm @ 1.4bars). As you can see they basically took a N1 spec plus their experience with a the 400R. This car was suppose to be released, but never did...pity would have been an awesome car. I'm sure if you want one they will happy give you the parts list to built one.

Similarly to the Nismo S15 R-Tune, contary to what people say there is no such car, it is only a tuning package. Only Nismo Silvia complete car is the 270R...also an awesome car.

All Nismo complete cars available for public sale bar the prototypes, again can be found on their website.