SAU Community

Toowoomba Cruise - 06/04

Cadmoon

Yah cruise is still going ahead, unless a cyclone whips up in the next hour.

I wanted to come but it's my missus birthday and we have plans.I'll come to the meet point though to say hi. This would have ben my first sau event.

Bummer mate, still we will have more events coming soon. There is a happylaps at QR at the end of the month, always a good way to learn about your car.

Well what can I say?

A fantastic day with a fantastic group of people! :)

To those I hadn't met previously, it was great to meet you all today and I hope to see at upcoming events.

Thanks goes to Cadmoon for organinsing the cruise and booking the pub for lunch. It was good to see 34 people at the pub for lunch. Great effort all! Thanks to the Toowoomba crowd for coming out to great and eat with the likes of us from Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. Besides our little run in with the Peugeot coming into Esk, I am impressed with the way everyone represented the club today with such good behavior.

If the upcoming cruises are going to be anything like today's, I can't wait for them!

I hope to scenic way home from Esk enjoyable. :)

Brett, where did you disappear to mate?

I had some nasty noises coming from the lower ball joints on the car and only really noticed how bad they actually were once I was moving it about in the car park at the planetarium. Seems they gave up the ghost at Norwell when I noticed the noise first but of course only got worse since. I decided it was probably not the best idea to drive it to Toowoomba after all. Street Sprints at QR tomorrow are now out also.

I'll keep an eye out for the Happy Laps at the end of the month, it'll be fixed by then and I'll come to that.

Didnt know Tony played Lead Guitar ??? Scott, agreed, was a great day .. Kath and I had a great time meeting you and all the others we havent met before, Although my passenger didnt enjoy the quick windy roads at the end, will be spending tmr getting all the fingernails out of the passenger door handle..

Michael , thank you for organising , great job !!

We must get a few more R35's to join us..

... Besides our little run in with the Peugeot coming into Esk, I am impressed with the way everyone represented the club today with such good behavior.

LOL

... will be spending tmr getting all the fingernails out of the passenger door handle..

ROFL

Had a really great day guys - Ash and I very much enjoyed meeting you all and hope to catch up again :) Ash got some pretty awesome photos, might chuck a few up?

Today I learnt:

- My UHF is shit

- So are Peugeot drivers

Thanks again! :)

LOL

ROFL

Had a really great day guys - Ash and I very much enjoyed meeting you all and hope to catch up again :) Ash got some pretty awesome photos, might chuck a few up?

Today I learnt:

- My UHF is shit

- So are Peugeot drivers

Thanks again! :)

Biannca says lol!!! Bloody old mate in the Peugeot "brain dead f**ks"!!!!!!! Hahaha

Biannca says lol!!! Bloody old mate in the Peugeot "brain dead f**ks"!!!!!!! Hahaha

Bahahahaha what a knob shiner! If he had any intelligence or consideration, he would've let us past! Bet he was a houso! ;)

Bahahahaha what a knob shiner! If he had any intelligence or consideration, he would've let us past! Bet he was a houso! ;)

Hahahaha if he'd be a character out of housos old mate would be reg!! Ha

Guys, must say, it was an excellent day out! Loved every bit - except the STL by a certain someone...

Huge thanks go out to all you guys for behaving and driving responsibly. There was that issue with the Peugeot but these things happen.

Massive thanks to Mike for organising an awesome day out and to Chris as well for rallying the Toowoomba troops.

The steak was HUGE and really nicely done.

Chantalle and Tyler really enjoyed themselves as well. Overall, was really worth the painful back.

34 people at lunch?! That's huge!

Highlight of the day was driving through Toowoomba and seeing the expression on people's faces. "WTF is a Maxima doing there?" :P

Thanks to everyone for making this a great day!

Definitely look forward to the next one. Sunny coast or Gold coast maybe? Head down on a Friday night, book a hotel and come back Saturday after lunch. ;)

I agree a very enjoyable day out, even if it did use 40L of fuel. Thanks to everyone who came out and made it such a good day. If you guys don't mind giving us some feedback on what you did and didn't like and anything you could change or suggestions you have that would be great. We are doing this for you after all :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

...Definitely look forward to the next one. Sunny coast or Gold coast maybe? Head down on a Friday night, book a hotel and come back Saturday after lunch. ;)

+1 Sunny Coast!!! We have some awesome roads :)

...If you guys don't mind giving us some feedback on what you did and didn't like and anything you could change or suggestions you have that would be great. We are doing this for you after all :thumbsup:

More cars next time :) slackers!

+1 Sunny Coast!!! We have some awesome roads :)

More cars next time :) slackers!

We are looking as possibly having some overnight cruises and events depending on the level if interest we get.

Also sadly we can't force people to come otherwise there would have been several 100 skylines ;)