SAU Community

Squattin

TTT

lol @ feminine way. Muscle doesn't grow feminine or masculine, it just grows...with food and training. It does happen overnight though, so tell her to be careful and check the mirror regularly in case of sudden muscle growth into masculinity. Those IFBB bodybuilders have to be real careful they don't accidentally get too big when they are putting on muscle too.

Thanks Birds thats some great advice! Here is a photo of her legs and from now on we will measure her legs every night to make sure she doesn't put on to much masculine muscle

IMG_0653_zps61301c29.jpg

Have started box squatting after regular squatting, to try and correct weakness in my full range motion. Failure usually happens coming up to just below parallel, so I'd like to focus on starting from there for a bit. Strange feeling starting your squat from a resting surface / negative...you don't have any elasticity to work with, but it's definitely easier than a full ATG squat! Will get me sitting further back on my heels, too.

• 2 weeks later...

try pause squats... they hurt and suck but are awesome

I squatted 40kg x 20 x 5 today... I'm back baby!

Have started adding pause squats after my normal squat sets. They are indeed awesome! So taxing, even on a light weight. Helping already I think :)

Added lunges as an assistance exercise. Doing this the day after my usual leg day, and launching straight into 20kg kettlebells was a bad idea. Quads are screwed. I slipped on the friggen crossfit rope and pulled my quad slightly...bloody crossfitters!

Loved the exercise, though. I will probably do them on legs day in future.