SAU Community

Texi 30/3/13 Wrap Up Thread.

luke gtr

wrap up thread for todays texi.

massive thanks to all involved.

great day that ran relatively very smooth.

skidz were had, sun was enjoyed.

not too many car troubles from what I have seen.

another hour, then time to clean up.

post pics and such here.

keep chat here.

have many pics to dump, so is going to take time over the weekend.

hope you all had fun.

see you at the next one.

Big thanks to the organizers and helpers!!!

Had a great time, sucks I had to leave early!!

GTR really hates the tight tight stuff hahaha thanks for the tips Eric they came in handy ;)

Can't wait to see pics!!!

Great work today by all the volunteers for a very smoothly run event. Entries and admin, scruitineering, course setup, bbq, course changes, time keeping, course changes, cleanup, and of course the huge bands of rubber collectors making sure we are welcome again next time. And of course the random, unexplained guy holding a large silver sunshade over people's heads in the morning, very handy.

I had a very fun day, couldn't have had more different cars than the Leaf and Stagea, but they both ended up with very similar times.

+1 to what Duncan said, SAU Texis and indeed all SAU events are very professionally run, a credit to all of the organisers and volunteers that we can enjoy such an awesome day with our cars in a safe environment.

Had a ball, almost got through a very hard set of Maxxis tyres but missed last run by the skin of my teeth. Next time!! Had plenty of runs and occasionally set a decent time as well so very happy with the day overall.

Well done to all drivers today, some quick times, some skids, lots of smoke, many laughs. Sorry I had to leave early and couldnt time keep the afternoon as well. The 32 will definately be ready in june/july for the next texi ;)

My pick of the day the leaf and its tyres begging for mercy on the tight course. And also the hilux with an RB until it unfortunately sounded like it spun a big end. Well done all other volunteers and organizers. See you all next time looking forward to trolling all your vids and pics ;) and yes the random sun shadebloke was great lol.

The hilux had a 1G-GTE in it, he would not be happy to have someone say its an rb :rolleyes:. It defiantly spun a bearing, then threw a rod on the way home about 2km out and had the crank vibrating so much it was moving the clutch pedal inside the car. Made it home to his street then died an honorable death and hadto be pushed into the driveway.

Edited by Sparky206

What a fantastic day! Couldn't have asked for better weather.

Thanks to all the helpers and extra hands folks. Really makes running these days so much better and enjoyable.

I've got a lot of video to sort through so will have a nice video ready in a week or so. I'll put up a 'teaser' tomorrow with a couple of highlights.

Wow, now I really can't wait for the next one.

Oh wow what an awesome day!!!! I LOVE Texi days.

The TEXI days dont happen without all the effort put in by the SAU crew, so big thanks to you all for all your hard work as usual.

Great to put some new faces to names and meet a stack of new people. Thanks to Jeff and Steve for helping me fix, well try and fix, my leaking fuel tank cap. We tried twice and neither worked, so the fuel cap won in the end, DOH! I had a good morning so still mega happy.

I took more than 20 Videos of various cars on the day. I will upload then to YOUTUBE tomorrow arvo and put the links up here ASAP for all to see.

Cheers!!!

Loved seeing everyone have a good time, enjoying the day with like minded people.

Great to see so many people helping out at the end of the day packing up & cleaning out the grounds so we can continue to have more texi in the future. Looking forward to vids & pics of everyones runs, plenty of cameras about so hopefully they all share.

Eric Enjoying being the centre of attention as usual ;)

2013-03-30090959_zps2a0e0436.jpg

2013-03-30173752_zps4bb4b3fa.jpg

• Like 1

Saw pics of a hwp car on bookface. What's the story there? Seriously, couldn't you convince them to get on and do a skid??? :P

story is:

came to have a look after hearing burnouts at the station.

i believe some tried to convince him, but he would not partake.

said he was coming back, dont know if he did or not.

was indeed a great day :)

the copper was only coming to have a look. he heard skid sounds from all the way up the hill at the servo and thought he'd get lucky haha. he did! he came and found us. he was loving it! he really wanted to take the car out but couldn't due to his duties. he didn't end up coming back, but asked when the next one was.

such a fun day! next one in June... count down begins again! wooohooo

ps. are there ay pics on facebook yet? if so can someone please link them to the SAU facebook page or here? :) SPANKS!

Had a great day, thanks to the admin team for running the day - everything seemed to go smoothly and I only heard positive things about the unexpected jump in the number of attendees. Unfortunately I had to give up pretty early in the day after this happened...

2013_03_30_2275_web.jpg

That will teach me for thinking some crappy second hand nankangs would take the punishment - gotta bring spares next time!

So that meant I spent the rest of the day car-hopping and taking pics - thanks to everyone that took me out for a ride!

I've posted the pics on my blog here: http://www.larmour-photo.com/wp/?p=595 but I'll try and dump them here too...

2013_03_30_1905_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1906_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1908_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1933_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1937_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1940_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1941_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1944_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1950_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1954_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1964_web.jpg
2013_03_30_1967_web.jpg