SAU Community

The new Holden VX220 VXR

http://vauxhall.co.uk/vxr/index.jhtml?movie=yes

How would we all feel about Holden if they added the VXR220 to their artillery? Its entirely possible considering the Astra and Vectra are from Vauxhall, and Vauxhall are selling the monaro as the "Monaro VXR"

The VX220 is certainly a car i've wanted for a long time, but if it became available here badged a holden i would probably spew. :throwup:

holden and vaxuhall are identical.................

the only difference is that the call vaxuhall models in australia holdens because of the herritage and that some cars like the commodore was/is an australian icon that vaxuhall dont badge..............

vaxuhall drivers are wankers too, there's another likeness.............

there was a thead i was a part of a week or 2 ago about the monaro comming to the UK, which is confirmed..............

Monaros going to the UK has been confirmed for ages. Who cares what the car is badged as? As for Vauxhall and Holden being the same is like saying Ford and Jag are the same. Owned by the same overall company but separate entities. I hate home grown car bagging! Immature, unfounded comments on locally produced product is unwarranted. Local manufactures producing good reasonable quality affordable cars is good for the public and good for the country in terms of export. (off topic I know).

Don’t get excited, the car wont come here.

Slightly heavier than a lotus elise... but with 250nm on tap from 1950 through to 6500... its certainly the one to take.. if not just for the fact that its by far more civilised... i've wanted one since they first came out... then the turbo came out!!! I'm going to england next year so hopefully i'll test drive one... :D

"Vauxhall and Holden being the same is like saying Ford and Jag are the same. Owned by the same overall company but separate entities."

partially right...............but the only simalarty to Jag and Ford is the owners, the cars have nothing to do with eachotehr....i've never seen a Jag Focus...........but you get both holden and vaxuhall astra's, vectra's, corsa's (identical to barina, just name change) and a lot of other similar ones in the fleet...............

holden is vaxuhall in the uk and vice versa

i saw Opel when in eastern europe.............same cars again, a few models they dont have in OZ though.........

They're separate entities, owned by the one parent company.

Licensing agreements like the VX220 range are different. Lotus build the VX220 off the Elise platform under contract from General Motors Global. Vauxhall doesn't manufacture them.

I don't get why it's so hard for some people to understand the GM/VW/Ford empires. The parent company owns a controlling stake in each separate manufacturer, who sometimes decides to sell their product to overseas markets under a family badge. :hellpisd: :(

partially right...............but the only simalarty to Jag and Ford is the owners, the cars have nothing to do with eachotehr....i've never seen a Jag Focus...........

Partially right... if you have seen a Ford X-Type you have seen a Jaguar Mondeo